So I was thinking...

Options
Dter
Dter Posts: 22
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
With all the upcoming changes pvp might get to be very interesting I can't see any reason to shield hop once the changes to xforce goes into effect, with out ap drain/gen he is no longer a huge threat/boon.
I don't have enough fully leveled 3*s to be wasting what little HP I'll be earning from this point on.

Defensive wins for fully leveled 3*+ are going to go up with all the health buffs unless you go into a fight full heath and running ap boost winning vs fully leveled 3*+ teams will be dicey.

Players that have fully developed rosters are going to pull even further away from most of us who are going to be stuck in a near permant transition phase. Xforce was a game changer if you had his covers you had a chance in pvp now i fear my ablity to place in T5, T10, and T25 has disappeared and I know I wont get 1st ever again.

Scaling is making placing well in pve a costly endeavor I'm currently in an alliance Thats getting top 100 or better rewards in both pve and pvp with all thats changing I'm going to most likely be dropping out.

TL;DR Thanks for Deadpools Daily I guess...

Comments

• Isn't this the exact reason the nerf needed to happen?
    so players that only have a covered xforce cant place top10?

Doesn't really make it fair if my roster with 6 or 7 level 130+ 3* characters get rolled by your level 200 xforce and your random 2* character and the essential.
  • Dter
    Options
    I also have 130 lvl characters and I am not mad he got nerfed just that he lost ap drain that allowed me to punch above my weight. That is the bigger problem it just got a lot harder to fight 290 270 166 teams for top placement which is all I really see in my matches now. Not being able reduce enemy ap hurts more than greens damage nerf to me.
  • The irony of which is that it was the AP drain that most people really said needed to go. Also, make no mistake, the people with already rich rosters benefitted more from X-force than you would have, so the ocean between is still absolutely ridiculous. (This from a player who have rocked X-force since he was called X-farce, he was one of my first token pulls. With his red power though, which did suck.)
  • Dter
    Options
    The ap Generation made him op. The ap drain gave him utility. The problem was him getting a mass of ap not them losing it.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Earthcore wrote:
    Isn't this the exact reason the nerf needed to happen?

Doesn't really make it fair if my roster with 6 or 7 level 130+ 3* characters get rolled by your level 200 xforce and your random 2* character and the essential.

Who the phuck said MPQ has to be fair? Why should everyone, regardless of roster, have a fair shot at top 10? People who took the time to acquire covers and iso to level toons should be on even footing as you with your **** 130 level 3*? Lucky for you the POS devs listen to the likes of you I suppose, but that doesn't mean your logic is sound.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Noobulator wrote:
    Earthcore wrote:

Who the phuck said MPQ has to be fair? Why should everyone, regardless of roster, have a fair shot at top 10? People who took the time to acquire covers and iso to level toons should be on even footing as you with your **** 130 level 3*? Lucky for you the POS devs listen to the likes of you I suppose, but that doesn't mean your logic is sound.

Hey man, chill a little. You could have just stated that it would have been quite fair for his team to get rolled by a cover XForce because it is. Especially if he's not doing proper AP denial and taking out the biggest threat. This game has **** AI and if you get pummeled in PvP by retaliations then blame what should be blamed, the piss poor AI.
  • Noobulator wrote:
    Earthcore wrote:

Doesn't that just prove my point even more, people shouldnt be able to walk into this game, drop $50 on one character and then just cream people who have a complete 3* roster, the character is broken.

You're just salty because now you have to actually work for your characters instead of buying power, have fun grinding with your 2* roster, DDQ will get you there sooner or later.
  • Dter
    Options
    Earthcore wrote:

Doesn't that just prove my point even more, people shouldnt be able to walk into this game, drop $50 on one character and then just cream people who have a complete 3* roster, the character is broken.

You're just salty because now you have to actually work for your characters instead of buying power, have fun grinding with your 2* roster, DDQ will get you there sooner or later.

You do realize neither of us is running a 2 star roster and despite what you seem to think xforce wasn't an instant top finish and $50 on one character won't have you creaming any one but 2*s
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If your 3* team loses to an ai team consisting of xforce and two 2* s, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Nor have I ever seen a team like that hit top 10 in any pvp.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Earthcore wrote:
    Noobulator wrote:
    Earthcore wrote:

What they hell are you talking about? I'm a top 10 player, I didn't just walk into this game. Nor can one toon combined with a 2* roll a top 10 team. You are completely ignorant to how end game pvp works as well as to what roster I have. I have nearly every toon fully covered and won't need to roll with 2* like the rest of the noobs. I'm not even that salty about the changes, for the record. I'll still be able to get top 10 with more or less the same effort. I think the changes just the show the devs would rather turnover their player base and get new folks that might be willing to pay. That said, good luck with your 130 roster, any top end player that sticks around will still mop the floor with you, even if we don't use our XForce.
  • Earthcore wrote:

I love the sense of entitlement here. Oh how dare those meanies that have spent hundreds/thousands of hours and/or dollars on this game pick on your poor little level 130 characters. Also, $50 to buy an xforce outright? It's probably closer to $500 - $1000. And really, if someone wanted to spend that much on a p2w game, shouldn't they have an advantage over you?
    Players at your level should be building up to something, set goals and hit progression awards to advance. Quit crying because all the vets are taking T10 from your **** roster.
  • Then again, it is quite a sense of entitlement as well to say that "I have spent 4000$ and 2500+ hours to be where I am, so I deserve to win". No you don't. People who have done so (I have spent a bit and a lot of time to be where I am, but not to the point of the hyperbole I am using) have tipped the scales so far they can to have an advantage. They should still need to play the game, and there should definately be the chance of "losing".

For the same reason that the NHL is not decided when they show the trades and drafts before the season starts. Weaker teams on paper can, and should (on the right day when stars align and so on) beat the favourites.

Otherwise we could just stop fooling ourselves and get a pinata, without blindfolding. A win for everyone batting every time.
  • Jester Day wrote:
    Then again, it is quite a sense of entitlement as well to say that "I have spent 4000$ and 2500+ hours to be where I am, so I deserve to win". No you don't. People who have done so (I have spent a bit and a lot of time to be where I am, but not to the point of the hyperbole I am using) have tipped the scales so far they can to have an advantage. They should still need to play the game, and there should definately be the chance of "losing".

For the same reason that the NHL is not decided when they show the trades and drafts before the season starts. Weaker teams on paper can, and should (on the right day when stars align and so on) beat the favourites.

Otherwise we could just stop fooling ourselves and get a pinata, without blindfolding. A win for everyone batting every time.

If you've put the time into the game to level and diversify your roster you most definitely should have an advantage. Players lose all the time, I'm not sure at what level you play the game but there isn't a free win button in this game, when your fighting max level vs. max level teams you can easily get screwed by bad boards or the miracle cascades the ai always pulls out of its ****. You still need to put in a significant amount of play & planning to be getting the top scores. No roster is safe from getting hit as it is - i've personally racked up probably a ridiculous amount of wins just hulk bombing 270 xhor teams even before the nerf.
    Come on now, should a 130's team really be able to compete for top 10? That's not even half the level of max 4* teams. Would a college team ever beat the Red Wings? No.
    That being said I have seen team mates have retaliation nodes from lvl 94's before when they had 270's out on D. So apparently miracles do happen in mpq. icon_e_smile.gif
  • So, essentially we are in agreeance here, or do I read things wrong?

A college team will lose to the Red Wings most times, but occasionally, they'll win by pure luck/grit/determination/underestimation. If it happens regularly, I guess most of all the Red Wings would need to look at what the hell is going on. It is the beauty about playing a cup instead of a series after all. Though, as it is, we are just playing series. Without brackets or divisions, which is a bit of a pissy way to play honestly.

What we do when we develop our rosters (I have somewhere around 14-15 maxed three stars as well as a topped x-force, but am playing much more casually these days than I used to) is simply getting ourselves the best possible position to start from. The more people who do, the harder it is for a random "college team" to win, but you know, every now and then shite teams also win a tournament. And that is how it should be in my mind.

I am just as wound up about the "I play the game, I deserve to have a chance to win" as I am about the "I paid X and played Y amount of hours, I deserve to win". I don't think I disgree with you by a large stretch, I probably have disagreed more with the tone of some posts lately.