Who are you spending ISO on now?

Options

Comments

• Sitting on 5K Iso right now, and stockpiling from Blind Justice for featured/boosted characters in the next PVE. I was hamstrung in TaT because all my featured heroes were Sub-level 20.

My order of leveling barring boosted/featured characters

1. 100 Patch up to 141
    2. 100 Hulk up to 141
    3. 100 Punisher up to 141
    4. 48 Spidey up to 89 (currently 3/4/2, waiting on nerfbat before finishing)
    5. 31 C. Storm to 50 (currently 31)
    5. 30 2* Wolv to 50 (rebuilding, sold a max one for ISO/HP to level patch)
    6. 30 Thor to 50 (rebuilding, sold a 40 Thor for the HP, had lots of covers to rebuild
  • Gonna level up spidey now i have a few covers.. anyone know when he gets semi decent?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gonna level up spidey now i have a few covers.. anyone know when he gets semi decent?
    4 blue.

Levels are nice, they help his healing, protect tiles, and stats, but to improve his stunning abilities it's all about blue covers.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Gonna level up spidey now i have a few covers.. anyone know when he gets semi decent?
    4 blue.

Levels are nice, they help his healing, protect tiles, and stats, but to improve his stunning abilities it's all about blue covers.

Keep in mind every other 'Funbalanced' character went from a declining cost to a flat cost. No telling how blue and yellow operate in a month.
  • Spiderman become decent after 4k+ hp, that's around lvl105.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    Spiderman become decent after 4k+ hp, that's around lvl105.

Lvl 70 is more than enough. Probably even lvl 60. As long as he has over 3k you are probably fine honestly. He just need enough health to survive an early strike and that is it. Otherwise its all about the blue. He IS better at higher lvls on def, but for offense the protect tiles are relatively trivial in the grand scheme of things. Who knows post nerf. I fully expect a 6-8 ap stun that stuns everyone for 2-4 turns and probably drops more stun tiles the higher the level and the yellow/purple doing far far less healing/def per a web tile. That's my guess at least.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on how many OBW i see shw will be funbalanced too... just for team variety
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I put around 25,000 iso into GSBW last night. I have a handful of 3 star characters in the 55-70 range. Some need more covers so I've been holding off on leveling them. GSBW and Spidey are my best covered 3 stars so I am trying to get them to 100 first. I'd love to level up Hulk, but I need some black covers.

For anyone that has a leveled up Punisher, what build is most preferable? Mine is currently sitting level 72 at 2-0-5.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I put around 25,000 iso into GSBW last night. I have a handful of 3 star characters in the 55-70 range. Some need more covers so I've been holding off on leveling them. GSBW and Spidey are my best covered 3 stars so I am trying to get them to 100 first. I'd love to level up Hulk, but I need some black covers.

For anyone that has a leveled up Punisher, what build is most preferable? Mine is currently sitting level 72 at 2-0-5.

Punisher 355
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Thanks for the input turul...now begins the quest of the green covers!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I quite like my 5/3/5 but I use his black a lot... is there even a bad build for punisher?
  • Interesting how nobody's levelling 2* characters.

I'm alternating Magneto**, Storm**, BW**, and Hood at the moment. Little here, a little there...
  • starsrift wrote:
    Interesting how nobody's levelling 2* characters.

I'm alternating Magneto**, Storm**, BW**, and Hood at the moment. Little here, a little there...
    I'd love to level up some 2 stars but because I have so many 3 stars it just feels like a complete and utter waste of a resource I never have any of.
  • I'm seeing lots of intimidating 3 digit numbers, so let me just inject some newbiness into the thread and say that I am leveling up my mighty L24 Modern Storm.
  • remylebeau wrote:
    Been pumping patch, since I'm 1 yellow short of a full build.

Exactly same situation with me. Although now they've announced Doube Shot tournament again and IM40 is tempting me to pump my ISO reserve to him. Might as well, since IM40 is eventually going to be my Patch's red battery for Best There Is.
  • I took Spidey (335) up to 85 and stopped. It doesn't make sense to me to superpower one character when the rest can't keep up and it seems to have kept me in a tax bracket I can handle in regard to MMR. That's my plan for all my *** is to get them to 85 and then figure out how to proceed. I finally got a blue cover for Doom so I can take him from 64 to 66. I'm working on getting GSBW (324) up from 62. After those two are up, I'll probably push Hulk up from 60. He's a good deterant for PVP as nobody wants to grind through his HP. After those are set, I'll probably work on Patch or Punisher with Classic Mags following. IM40 is at 65 and I don't see any point of advancing him further. DD didn't excite me in actual gameplay -- his tiles rarely matched and even when they did I was underwealmed even when he was boosted and they overwrite easily so he seems expensive for too little payout. I'm disappointed by DD and was excited when he was released but I don't see any reason to persue developing him among the other *** characters. I'm waiting to see how other people's Loki builds work out before investing in him. I do like playing him, he just doesn't have quite enough punch for me. I'd like to develop The Hood but I've only caught one cover for him.

For fun, I've been building Magneto Now (553) up. He's at 52 now. I like playing with him but he gets hurt easily so he can be expensive on health packs. I've also got OBW (355) at 44. If the Spidey Nerf messes things up she's playable. I'm really sick of seeing her in PVP to the point I don't want to play her. I have Thorverine maxed, of course. C Storm is at 61 and haven't seen a need to push her further and she's another that I'm sick of seeing so I don't enjoy playing her. In fact, M Storm seems much more useful even capped at 50.
  • I'm down to 2,000 ISO since I spent on those I recently received covers for:

Spidey
    Doom
    Grey Suit BW

Original BW - have had the covers; just not enough Iso to level up
    Punisher - Not enough Iso to level up
  • Ariakos wrote:
    remylebeau wrote:
    Been pumping patch, since I'm 1 yellow short of a full build.

Exactly same situation with me. Although now they've announced Doube Shot tournament again and IM40 is tempting me to pump my ISO reserve to him. Might as well, since IM40 is eventually going to be my Patch's red battery for Best There Is.

Haha, make that 3 of us.....I have Patch at 5/3/4, just missing one yellow. Just sold my 2*Wolfie and fed him so he's above 100 now. Going to max him out to 128 and then hope to get another cover for him or purchase one if I can save enough HP.

My other 3*'s are all at 9 covers each.....Punisher, Hulk, and Spidey. I have a feeling it's gonna be a while until I can get more covers for them, unless they get featured in a tournament soon (well, Spidey just did, and I got 3 covers for him).

So once my Patch gets maxed, I'll be able to save up ISO since I have nothing else to spend it on =) Going to run Patch/Ares/OBW or Patch/Thor/OBW for the foreseeable future.
  • Just got three covers for Doom, so I'm going to take him from 41 up to 64 (his max) - I want to be able to really use him, given that he's probably my favorite playable character right now. I'll probably drag Daredevil the handful of levels from 45-51 to finish maxing him once Doom catches up.

After that, my big "project" is Thor/Obw, both 65, and Hulk, 66, up to 70, then those three plus Patch (currently 70) to 75, then those four plus Ares and Astonishing Wolvie to 85 (dropping Hulk off at 77, his current max), and continuing Patch along (he maxes at 120-something; he's only short one cover). I know this is probably sub-optimal from some viewpoint, but 1) I like doing things this way and 2) I think it kept my levels down in PVE - I had high leveled people, but never the masses of 230s other people seemed to face. Leveling my Daken (30), Classic Storm (50), and Modern Storm (40) are probably next.

This plan will probably get disrupted by 3* covers. I had been keeping every 3* I had at there level match pre-patch; I've never had 4 below it as I do now before.
  • I took Spidey (335) up to 85 and stopped. It doesn't make sense to me to superpower one character when the rest can't keep up and it seems to have kept me in a tax bracket I can handle in regard to MMR. That's my plan for all my *** is to get them to 85 and then figure out how to proceed.
    MMR has nothing directly to do with what characters you're using. It's determined by what you're beating and what you're winning, and what's beating you. As far as anyone knows, anyway - granted, it's obfuscated and changes all the time, so it might matter.

Stopping 3*s at level 85 is usually a pretty bad idea although, sure, you might want OBW at 85 before you worry about that. You'll get away with it to an extent with Spidey because how many blue covers are on him matters more than his level, but they don't reach 2* 85 equivalent until about 100 (it's actually 97 or 98, I forget which, but 100 is a nice round number). Their match damage, hit points, strike tile damage, attack tile damage and regen are just bad at 85. You might still want to level them somewhat evenly for buffs they get in LRs and other events.