I didn't know this...

Options
LXSandman
LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
If you lose a battle while shielded you do not lose any points. (Obviously)

If you win a battle while shielded you GAIN the points.

I just went up the ladder board while shielded because someone was unfortunate and lost a fight against me.

Weird eh? I never knew that...

LXSandman

Comments

• thbrown81
    thbrown81 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    Yes, it is weird that you did not know that.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In his defense, defensive wins are way up with the new matchmaking (for me at least). It was rare to win points while shielded unless your team was underestimated by the masses.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Considering how little is actually explained in this game I think the fact that you gain points for defensive wins while shielded is a pretty obscure piece of knowledge. I mean really how often does it ever happen.. it's not like there is a manual or anything...icon_e_smile.gif

I took me months to realize that you could tell which goon a countdown tile belonged to and that happens almost every match lol.

Maybe I'm just not observant... icon_e_smile.gif

LXSandman
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LXSandman wrote:
    Considering how little is actually explained in this game I think the fact that you gain points for defensive wins while shielded is a pretty obscure piece of knowledge. I mean really how often does it ever happen.. it's not like there is a manual or anything...icon_e_smile.gif

I took me months to realize that you could tell which goon a countdown tile belonged to and that happens almost every match lol.

Maybe I'm just not observant... icon_e_smile.gif

LXSandman

Yep. Sure would be nice if the "Event Rules" page actually explained the rules.
  • Did you know if you activate a 24 hour shield in Pve, it holds your placement until you're shield expires? It's a glitch D3 don't want to share. That's how a guy with 1* covers always claim top prize.