Does recruiting more FEATURED heroes up the scaling in PvEs?

Options
TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In general, I've always been curious about this. Cuz, if leveling up characters during a PvE, ESPECIALLY the featured / boosted ones, increases your scaling, wouldn't recruiting additional featured characters do the same?

For instance, in this Prodigal Sun PvE, I have Ares and Daken boosted to 134 from 94, Fat Albert at 130 from 70, Loki at 96 from 66, and cMags at 83 from 53.

Almost all of my nodes are at HARD and over 200 right now..........even though my entire roster is level 94 and below.

I had the bright idea of saving covers of the Dark Avengers the last few days, so I have another few covers for second slots of Ares and Daken, and also a few Moonstupids.

BUT, if I actually recruit them to HELP tackle the ridiculous scaling, will I end up actually hurting myself, in the long run (of this PvE)?

:+/

Comments

• Featured hero do not have any more weight than their normal levels. For example a level 166 major boosted hero doesn't get counted as 256. Otherwise a lot of events would be completely unplayable. A level 166 major boosted hero is still going to count as a 166 toward your scaling though, so there's no way around that.

Prodigal Sun has exceptionally high scaling mostly because the enemies are much easier which makes community scaling all that worse. The DAs have access some serious powerhouses at high levels which keeps community scaling lower, while the strongest Avenger you might be face is likely Thor who is not on the hard bracket until the final sub.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Thanks so much for that info!!!!!

Unfortunately, that makes my scaling even MORE ridiculous. lol. Over level 200 for like 6 out of my 10 nodes, as a 2* player? That's just so stupid.