well i think im done here

Options
KrazyKeylime
KrazyKeylime Posts: 367
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Xforce was the last straw. i invested money in that character and with the nerfs on the way i think i'm done here.

I have put up with my game time being limited from 2-3 hours of playing straight to 20 min at a time with true healing, I was angry and still bothered that i couldn't play the game at my speed, always waiting for health packs.

I had fun in the hulk event knocking hulk out with xforce and luke, which has been rare thing these days, besides getting daily covers in DDQ. It even looks like luke got a hp boost too making him an excellent climber. but what good does that do? i was just getting in range to start going after the 1000 points for 4* but they are all **** now. all you got to look at is BP 12 blacktile.png 3K+ team damage on a 3*.

this game is nerfing to the point of mediocrity. i like the reference to Harrison Bergeron. and this is sadly what this game has come to with these recent nerfs.
2993756-cce69d6675c6bff346e136d4a39f068b.jpg

1* get stomped by 2*s, 2* get stomped by 3* but now it is not ok for 3* to get stomped by 4*, like wise with 1* and 3* 2 star.png levels up should no compare in damage output... but now comes 2* ares in line with 4* wolverines damage out put. The dev's lied when they say they want 4* to 160% stronger then 3*s they were wrong with 3* thor to 4 thor and are wrong again with 3* patch to xforce 9 greentile.png for 2087 vs 1360. ya i now some of you say tile destruction and board shake i say 1000+ in strike tiles. It was not that i was upset that the nerf was coming, it was the i was afraid that they would botch it up again like 4 thor, although it was not as bad it wasn't good either. with patch i can destroy 2* for days and now i can't even do that with xforce anymore on a rarity higher.

I'm am mostly surprised in the way that these changes have been implemented. I am new to voicing feed back in games mostly i roll with the punches and play on lost in the game. However since playing this game, i have not been playing in a game where the changes were so extreme that they made many people quit playing. It was a new experience for me, but seeing how the pricing is so high in this game and how 3* cover rewards are so sparse i can see why people get so riled up about meta or game play changes. I found the forum to voice my objections on true healing. I think i was right to complain because it limited my playing from 2-3 hours( no i didn't prologue heal i would only heal at the end of a fight) at a time to 20 Mins at a time which dumbfound me. Why do they want me playing less? this was the first of these dumbfounding questions to come up (besides the obvious why do i have to pay for roster slots?), but it be the norm as i continued my playing.

Then i saw how viscous they could be with nerfs. Spiderman was one of my favorite heroes, i was excited to get Bagman until i actually used him. I would have to admit that i did that once i got 3* spiderman with 3-4 bluetile.png i could abuse his stun, which would get crazy at stalling, but without any means to do more damage if he was by himself which was usually the case my 2* were down and spidey was treding water. it didn't seem op until down to one enemy, but i thought that was what 3*s meant( he was my strongest at 5 covers total).looking back i can see how people could exploit this with more developed rosters. With his nerf and true healing, he became unplayable really quick. they still think he is a playable character that is why he has stayed in that state since. we see the same with sentry, 4 thor and now 4* wolverine. My outrage wasn't peaked until 4 thor because i didn't understand Sentry's role in shield hopping. i thought he was a team killing idiot which made me rage more about true healing.

This heavy nerfing usually comes after it is discover that players are playing the game in an unexpected way. winfinite also comes mind which wasn't a major problem as it was usually limited to PVE and was sometimes difficult to pull off if there was a bad board with difficult opponents.How it got passed the testers is a different story all together. Professor X made this weird character interaction lethal. This started a trend of nerfing characters due to characters being released. This in my opinion should never be done, all it means is that you did you job poorly when designing the new character and you should rework the character that hasn't been released. Then comes 4 thors nerf, this change didn't affect me but it showed that no one was safe from nerfing. This really made me think twice about investing in any character with real money. up to this point i was eagerly waiting for the next HP sale to come, i couldn't wait earlier and cashed in a gift card from xmas. If your wondering why veterans are not spending as much money in the game it is because of changes like that. Changes that affects top tier game play and the extent it was done makes the character less playable. it was hilarious to see them nerf the yellow skill. but that awaken something in me. they thought it was too powerful...what? no one went all yellow or at least stayed there long.

That was unnerving, the people in charge of balancing valued all the wrong things when trying to balance the game. looking back this makes some sense to me at least to see how we got here. A combination of bad balancing attempts coupled with the ability to make changes so extreme that makes players quit. With all these changes to help the average player I seem to feel that i have been left out.

Having hit my head with this new ceiling keeping 3* as the main spotlight is disappointing as player because they remove anything worthwhile to advance to that gives an appropriate advantage at this point. I could continue playing and maxing the rest of my 3*s but that would just delay the inevitable. this game was such a source of fun early on. I loved the concept of a marvel inspired match 3 game. But lately it has been such a source of frustration that i have reached my limit.

I am amazed on how resilient the community has been in light of may of these changes, and are still there are many adapting to these changes. I am glad that i found the forum and was able to talk to many people about the game while having a good time while doing it. It was fun to be the one to funnel knowledge of upcoming changes to my alliance. Up to recently a majority of my time has been looking at the forum rather then playing because i wanted to help fix some of the issues that made the game so frustrating for me and others. For those of you that continue on with MPQ i hope you enjoy the rest of your time here.