The day before the changes go live: AN IN-GAME ANNOUNCEMENT!

ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
Seriously, Devs. unless you make an in-game banner announcement NOW, you cement the opinion that you want monies from characters that will have less than a week of feasibility.

I'm mostly talking XFW. That's the foregone conclusion. He got hit hard. Elektra is the new hotness, which will drive spending on her. Woopty doo.

Announce it now. Don't act as though there's no obligation to your community: NOTIFY ALL, not just the forumites that comprise the 10% of players.

Comments

• D3 doesn't care. Communicating nerfs means more tickets submitted, more complaints & more work for them ...... so why would they do that when they can just continue to milk their playerbase of as much $$$$$ as possible.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm sure most people who have a fully covered XForce has found the forums by now. They should, however, communicate all the health changes as this affects everyone including the 1* and 2* players.
  • It $hould be $tandard operating procedure that D3 inform$ the player-ba$e of radical change$ BEFORE they go into effect.

In$tead, they $ilently cower in their office$ while people continue to $pend. Keep that bait and $witch plan in effect, you greedy pig$.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    wish granted?

(I agree with you though - communicating intended changes to only this group is a little strange - there are lots of players who don't read the forums and that shouldn't be a penalty.)
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    wish granted?

(I agree with you though - communicating intended changes to only this group is a little strange - there are lots of players who don't read the forums and that shouldn't be a penalty.)

Five days later is still five days where they reaped the benefits of not announcing it to the 90% of players NOT on the forums. That's all. But there's no announced rule they have, stating they must notify of X change before Y date.