An idea for a clean slate

Options
I'm a whale. Now that we have that out of the way I have an idea in my friday night beer haze. Many veteran players have bought and sunk large amounts of iso into 4* chars because they were led to believe they were the next stage in the meta.
Now the main ones have been heavily nerfed and it's clear the game will focus on 3* with 4* as novelty. To add injury to insult 4* will also be cheaper to level.
So how about this. Revert all 4* to lvl 70 and refund the iso but leave the covers. Those of us who have payed large sums to fully cover and lvl 4* could then spend the iso where we want and perhaps feel a little less cheated.

Comments

• bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    Options
    I like this a lot. It's better than giving us an insulting amount of iso/hp for selling the character.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    Arith wrote:
    I'm a whale. Now that we have that out of the way I have an idea in my friday night beer haze. Many veteran players have bought and sunk large amounts of iso into 4* chars because they were led to believe they were the next stage in the meta.
    Now the main ones have been heavily nerfed and it's clear the game will focus on 3* with 4* as novelty. To add injury to insult 4* will also be cheaper to level.
    So how about this. Revert all 4* to lvl 70 and refund the iso but leave the covers. Those of us who have payed large sums to fully cover and lvl 4* could then spend the iso where we want and perhaps feel a little less cheated.

I like this as well. That way if/when they change their mind AGAIN sometime in the future and decide that 4*s will be the next step up and buff them up again we can still have them fully covered.
  • Please change the title to "a clean sla*T*e".... I agree with your post, it's a very reasonable request but the title is KILLING ME!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    Please change the title to "a clean sla*T*e".... I agree with your post, it's a very reasonable request but the title is KILLING ME!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I thought the same thing, then I read this...
    Arith wrote:
    I'm a whale. Now that we have that out of the way I have an idea in my friday night beer haze.

nah, don't even fix it, just enjoy your buzz buddy! icon_razz.gif
  • Love your idea. If they did this, it would significantly reduce my anger over losing xforce. I'm not one of those guys that reaped the benefit of a maxed XF, gaining high level rewards. I recently JUST got him to a useful level and covers (4/5/4). My 3* roster suffered for the past two months while I poured everything into XF.
  • Whoopsies, sorry about the spelling icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Arith wrote:
    Whoopsies, sorry about the spelling icon_e_smile.gif

<3 you!

Actually on topic.... this is suggested EVERY time they wreck a character's functionality and it never happens. I think the only time a red name ever commented they said CS would need to delvel heroes one at a time and credit the account so it wasn't practical. OFC that's their fault for not automating it, so basically they don't want to I guess...
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    Options
    Getting our iso back without losing our character wold go a long way to alleviate the rage people are feeling.

I don't want to lose a fully covered xforce/4hor just because they screwed up how powerful 4*s should be and I dont wan't to keep them over 200 for pve scaling.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I agree with a few that have said that XF was played to death, but I don't think it was a nerf situation. I just think there wasn't another character to balance his damage out. Allowing people that are maxed to start over with the iso is a pretty good idea, but one would think that an entire roster may need to be done this way to allow all players to re-establish their heroes reflective of the changes made. While that is going on, then a re-balance of the complete game can be made to get everyone back to mostly start.