Character Rebalances 04/17/15

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'll keep this short and sweet.

Overall, this was a great change. preparing for incoming negative votes

I only have 2 concerns on all of this.

1.)X-Force may have had X-Force taken down a bit too much in damage as it sorta approaches Gamora Razor's Edge terriorty, honestly I think a little 10% damage boost or drop the cost to 7AP and it's good. Surgical Strike is fine, you get a major damage boost which will make up for not stealing AP and yellow is a little riskier

2.)The health changes. I'm liking some and questioning if others were left off on purpose or accident, most notable, Iron Fist, X-Force, Hood, Hulk and a few others. The only other concern I have is that this is really going to prolong games, I honestly think that tile damage may need a small boost to help mitigate the massive health increases.

Overall..This was good for the game. If you quit, then quit, the evolutionary line is full of them. If you want to adapt, then adapt. Digital games balance all the time, it's not to screw you or make money then quit, it's for the longevity of the game. I'm seeing them take a more Leauge of Legends approach to this game, which I think bodes well for longevity.

And guess what people, D3 has shown very recently that they are more apt to make changes quicker, so let this shoe drop, adjust and if it doesn't work, let them know your concerns "POLITELY" and have faith they will fix it quickly.

Comments

• For the health changes, it's clear they don't want as big a difference between top and bottom HP tiers so Hulk isn't getting a boost. Thor isn't getting one because he's already one of the most powerful 3*s. Iron Fist likewise isn't getting more HP for being similarly overpowered. I don't see Daken and Patch on that list, so is the intention that their regen justifies for having so few HP? It make sense but it'd feel pretty weird. I don't see Loki or The Hood on it, and while both are quite overpowered I don't think this is the right way to fix them.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uhh...there's a very good reason Hood didn't receive health buffs. We're already going to be looking at Loki's Puzzle Quest : Hood's Reign thanks to the X Force nerfs.
  • Oh please, Hood has been around for ages before X-force was buffed, and dropped as easily then as he does now. And Loki isn't much different. Both are quite easy to down and counter.
  • I the health changes won't prolong PVP matches very much because almost all of the characters getting them weren't used at all in PVP because their health was too low
  • My real problem with the health changes is every damage oriented power (which is a lot of them) becomes worse by comparison. You know Mystique, who had that weird combo that did 7k damage which was hard to set up but at least you could one shot a guy with it? NOPE! Now low end guys are 7650 health.

Also I find it odd who was excluded. Iron Fist especially, with Cyclops getting a health boost. IF's main "OMG I'm amazing" power was "generate black for XF" and now that isn't going to be a thing so.. why was he left out on the HP change?

As to XF, his green needs way more than a 10% boost. It needs 60% at least if "4* characters are about 160% as strong as 3* characters" is to be believed. Currently designed XF's green is no better than Grockets, who is a self healing tank and therefore should have lower damage than strikers.
  • Arondite wrote:
    Uhh...there's a very good reason Hood didn't receive health buffs. We're already going to be looking at Loki's Puzzle Quest : Hood's Reign thanks to the X Force nerfs.

They're indeed very overpowered but if you have a world where 8.5K is the normal, having someone at 5000 is basically a way of saying, "This guy used to be way overpowered and we can't figure out how to get people to stop using him so we hope you won't use him when he has 33% the health of another guy". It might work but it's an awfully crude solution.
  • My concern is how these health bonuses are going to effect boosted enemies in pve. I don't think anyone enjoyed facing a boosted cmags/hood in TaT. But now cmags is even harder to take down. I can't even imagine the gauntlet.
  • Scooters76 wrote:
    My concern is how these health bonuses are going to effect boosted enemies in pve. I don't think anyone enjoyed facing a boosted cmags/hood in TaT. But now cmags is even harder to take down. I can't even imagine the gauntlet.

All your guys are getting extra HP too, and the guys who really benefit from extra HPs, like Loki and The Hood, seems to be not part of this list.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Scooters76 wrote:
    My concern is how these health bonuses are going to effect boosted enemies in pve. I don't think anyone enjoyed facing a boosted cmags/hood in TaT. But now cmags is even harder to take down. I can't even imagine the gauntlet.

All your guys are getting extra HP too, and the guys who really benefit from extra HPs, like Loki and The Hood, seems to be not part of this list.

At the risk of joining in an argument I don't care about.... enemies always come with full health and your guys have to get it back between fights (with no mention of a change to healing rates). So having more health BUT losing more health (because the enemy takes longer to kill) is a definite lose-lose for the player.
  • Also on the subject of changes I don't understand...

She-Hulk only targets enemy tiles, then rebalances half of them your way and half to the enemy. Isn't that just stealing half of them? Seems way less confusing...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Scooters76 wrote:

At the risk of joining in an argument I don't care about.... enemies always come with full health and your guys have to get it back between fights (with no mention of a change to healing rates). So having more health BUT losing more health (because the enemy takes longer to kill) is a definite lose-lose for the player.

I agree with bonfire.

If they don t adjust PvE scaling, after XForce and 4hor nerf, it is going to be much much harder to vets and it will be even easier for 94 lvl players. So once again this game gets easier for new players.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    The changes or lack there of elsewhere don't really bother me. I just think that a "REAL" rebalance will be made one day. When I say that, I mean that every character would have at least one mainly opposite character. Maybe, if they are released in pairs, then that would slow down the new character rate and give a balance to the game more. The other route could be to have more synced teams involving more pairings. Right now there are a few that people only go to to pair with others. There may need to be more of these pairings that offer a greater variety of playable teams. I know there is a thread for capping certain players with others already. I don't know, that's just how I see it.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    Going to reiterate the fact the X-Force got his too hard on his green. Let it at least deal 2K at max level, or even 2.5K and remove damage from the destroyed tiles instead.

That being said, I am looking forward to Team "Can't Touch This"
    icon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_professorx.png
    Seems like it could be a lot of fun just ignoring all the damage in the world.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone else thinking about making She-hulk. 5green, 5 red, 3 blue?
  • Yup. She really got a bump up in my list of characters I want to have at top level. Not just sexy anymore!