PVE Difficulty now that 4 star characters aren't powerful

Options
Nellyson
Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, you guys have decided to nerf the most powerful characters in the game. Ok fine. It's done. Now that it's done, what happens to PVE scaling?? Who are we supposed to use when the levels of the enemy reaches ridiculous levels??? We don't have anyone powerful enough to take them out anymore. X-Force is now a pathetic version. You might as well just have reverted him back to his old days when he had a 9 turn countdown tile to heal. Seriously?? 1k damage for a 4 star character??? That's the 2 star range for damage. How do we beat enemies like a 395 Ares with 20K health and a green power that cost 6 ap and deals, oh i don't know....10K damage!!! Please tell me you are fixing this. Otherwise, what's the point of even playing anything??? Who wins???

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was just about to post pretty much this exact same question. Seriously folks, get in touch with what your game is asking of its players. Try fighting a team of level 395 Ares/Venom/Moonstone with any combination of these fixed characters, then check yourselves and lower the tinykitty scaling!! icon_evil.gif
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PVE scaling isn't a problem icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only had XF above 166. Now that he's nerfed pretty hard, thinking about selling him simply to reduce PVE/PVP scaling/sharding.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    So, you guys have decided to nerf the most powerful characters in the game. Ok fine. It's done. Now that it's done, what happens to PVE scaling?? Who are we supposed to use when the levels of the enemy reaches ridiculous levels??? We don't have anyone powerful enough to take them out anymore. X-Force is now a pathetic version. You might as well just have reverted him back to his old days when he had a 9 turn countdown tile to heal. Seriously?? 1k damage for a 4 star character??? That's the 2 star range for damage. How do we beat enemies like a 395 Ares with 20K health and a green power that cost 6 ap and deals, oh i don't know....10K damage!!! Please tell me you are fixing this. Otherwise, what's the point of even playing anything??? Who wins???

Simple. You sell off all of your 4*s that you've spent months (and possibly real money) collecting covers for and leveling over level 166 to bring your scaling down. That or just click uninstall, as that sounds much more logical to me.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I only had XF above 166. Now that he's nerfed pretty hard, thinking about selling him simply to reduce PVE/PVP scaling/sharding.

Ditto. icon_e_ugeek.gif

He still looks good as a damage-dealer, and I'd de-level him to 166 in a heartbeat if there were that option, but keeping him around is going to be a big liability when there's no shortage of 3* characters with comparable damage potential & health.

Decisions, decisions...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think everyone doesn't realize that scaling will come down as players become less powerful. That's what it's designed to do. If everyone beats the node easily, it goes up. If a bunch of people start losing to it, it goes down. There are still people who take out level 395 nodes. If no one could, it'd lower to 394, then 393...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I think everyone doesn't realize that scaling will come down as players become less powerful.
    You know how I knew someone would say this? Because someone says it after EVERY round of nerfs, and yet we STILL have lv395 nodes.
  • bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I think everyone doesn't realize that scaling will come down as players become less powerful. That's what it's designed to do. If everyone beats the node easily, it goes up. If a bunch of people start losing to it, it goes down. There are still people who take out level 395 nodes. If no one could, it'd lower to 394, then 393...

Funny how they can reset PvP MMR willy nilly, but resetting PVE scaling? "It's not a problem, scaling will go down"
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    I think everyone doesn't realize that scaling will come down as players become less powerful.
    You know how I knew someone would say this? Because someone says it after EVERY round of nerfs, and yet we STILL have lv395 nodes.

That's because I still beat them.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't forget that Bullseye and Moonstone are both getting health boosts, so that Ares/Bullseye/goon node will be even more fun.
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Fighting stupid over-scaled Ares and Juggernauts will now be harder because they'll take longer to kill.
    All this does is average out to them being able to make several more matches a fight, which means the likelihood of them pulling off a final "**** you" attack right before they die to either isnty-kill or severly cripple one of your characters is that much high. Hell, even Moonstone's red will be something to worry about now.

And this all passive-aggressively causes more health pack usage.
    A Health Pack fix, lowering of regen timers, or both, would go a long what to help combat this.
    That, or massively lower the max level that PVE enemies can scale to. Something in the mid 200's, like 240 or so. Since 4 stars are not really viable, and actually harm your PVE personal base scaling with very little benefit, it's the least they could do.