Could a "nerf" really be the answer?

Options
Could reducing the effectiveness of the release/featured character allow for the steady, and needed, influx of characters?..... A few questions that may get (positive) progress rolling.

Isn't It truly the immediate necessity of a released character or compulsive collection that forces the non-stop grind and/or need for the instant acquisition of said cover?

Why does a new release character have to be featured in the very next event?

Now that the plan seems to be release new characters at a steady and strong pace, wouldn't it help to have a week or two rotation that's staggered? ie.. Release character becomes featured at a later, though relatively soon, date.

Do these questions, if addressed logically, allow all sides to win here?

Finally a statement on my opinion..

With the exception of the KK progression debacle, most of the time a player had a real chance to earn the progression and score a release character despite lacking the current events "essential" character. At the least, that should return to the norm rather than the exception. Lessen the point values for essential nodes to only give a slight advantage. This can allow alliances to self-regulate much better and skip or lower minimum contribution for occasional events. The problem ultimately needs to be addressed at alliance/player level. Simply saying "nobody forces anyone to keep pace with the releases" is akin lying. MPQ forces it, alliances force it and finally players tend to force it on themselves.

***I would argue that there should be three PvE events where the collection of new release, future essentials can happen. These should be three star covers. These three events should not feature/essential any of the new release covers but use a general rotation of already released covers. Then the fourth event will feature and "essential-up" all three previous release covers while offering the new release four star as the reward. Rinse and repeat.*** This could easily be another thread, sorry. While not directly tied to the post , it is relevant so I will leave it in for posterity and rebuttal.

One final question... In your heart of hearts, do your really want MPQ to stop releasing covers so quickly or would being given a longer opportunity to collect them before they become essential be all it takes to bring back happy faces despite the flood?

Thank you for your time

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BBTBob wrote:
    Why does a new release character have to be featured in the very next event?

It is an incentive and/or reward for placing well. You only need a single cover to qualify for an Essential Node, which isn't terribly difficult (except maybe 4*s? Those generally are only required for a single node per sub-event). The more covers you earn, the more you're rewarded (by having a more useful character).

Normally speaking, the new character has an old character for the essential, then new characters are essential for old characters.

I like the system, but I can agree that it can create a large discrepancy. There should probably be a point value cap for essential nodes.