What is the bigger outrage "True Healing or X-force Nerf"?

Options
Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,485 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
icon_lol.gif ,

I can't wait to see if X-Force nerf reaches the level of outrage that True Healing created. I'm betting its under a 100 pages.

In all honesty, After living through, OBW, cMags, Sentry, Hood, Thoress, Prof X, and Iron Fist's nerf this is just another character change that we will adapt to. Ultimately, these changes don't affected how I score or how my alliance ranks, and I personally don't mind a change of pace in high level play.

Of course, if they nerf King Pin then we need bring out the pitch forks and torches.

icon_lol.gif

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're basing it on comments in the subsequent announcement thread, True Healing will win.

With True Healing change, there was a lot more consistent yelling and a lot less rage quitting.

An XForce nerf will leave a lot of posters one and done.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Really whats the point anymore.

I don't think you will have 100+ pages. I think you will have a lot of "Peace..." posts and thats it.

Why can't the devs just come out and say whether they are nerfing Xforce soon or not? Because they don't care and want that $$$. Prove me wrong icon_e_smile.gif
  • Can someone please show me where this XForce nerf was mentioned by the devs?
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Apparently it's in the code
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Can someone please show me where this XForce nerf was mentioned by the devs?

I'm wondering if I'm missing something.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Can someone please show me where this XForce nerf was mentioned by the devs?

It wasn't flat out mentioned. People are just reading into a quote and making assumptions, which is business as usual as far as the forums go. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25816&p=318661#p318661
    rixmith wrote:
    I'm glad to hear that there is a desired power band for 4* characters to fit into. This begs the question whether X-Force fits into that band or not? Not to mention whether IW and Elektra are below that band?

X-Force is above the band (though not as far above as Thor (Goddess of Thunder) was) and Invisible Woman is below.

Elektra is a less clear-cut case. Her abilities don't have an opportunity to come into their own for advanced players in part because of the current speed of high-end Versus play. She becomes stronger with the changes to 4-star Thor, for example. Looking at win rates of teams that include her, she's doing well in survival missions. I'd like her to be used more often, but there are other balance issues that have bigger impacts.

No ETA on any changes that might result from these observations - we try not to announce changes until we can give you a timeline for them.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    It wasn't flat out mentioned. People are just reading into a quote and making assumptions
    No, they're reading what's in the code
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    True healing change was one of the best changes in the game. Sorry you can't coast off obw 90% of the time now. It's been nearly a year people need to get over it.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    It wasn't flat out mentioned. People are just reading into a quote and making assumptions
    No, they're reading what's in the code

Would you mind pointing me to a source?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    In my view, true healing is the biggest change that caused players to quit. Think about how many players actually have a xf? I'm sure the % is low. But EVERY player got screwed over by the healing change.

Frankly, I'm not concerned that xfw will be nerfed to the extent that it'll be unplayable. Once that occurs, I will simply rely on another teamup configuration. Right now, my plan is to replace xfw with cyclops and use a cyk/lthor/laken team.
  • simonsez
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Would you mind pointing me to a source?
    The specifics are being talked about in Line, not here. I assume that's because people who post from the game's code (eg Turul's spoilers) were getting hassled.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rednailz wrote:
    True healing change was one of the best changes in the game. Sorry you can't coast off obw 90% of the time now. It's been nearly a year people need to get over it.
    AMEN BROTHA!
  • simonsez
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Frankly, I'm not concerned that xfw will be nerfed to the extent that it'll be unplayable
    Not unplayable, but once again, we're losing abilities that allow you to get chains going and defeat overscaled PvE nodes. And I don't want to hear anyone tell me, "But you'll see it reflected in easier scaling", because we hear that same garbage after EVERY nerf, and I STILL end up seeing lv395 Business Partners.
  • I was actually speculating on buying x-force covers, but only cause it was the only elephant left in the room. Now I don't need to spend any money now, this makes more sense now I guess.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    If they nerf xforce then I think it will be my time to hang up this game. I bought 3 covers on him that were not cheap. The direction this game will be seeming to go would be the 4 star are not worth investing in and where does that leave us? Messing around in 3 star.png land.

True healing was bad. it is insulting to have to face perfectly healthy fighters every match while yours slowly go down. Much faster with the new changes in pvp. I have made some suggestions in other posts and there are many alternatives out there. if they don't want to listen then I'm done with this waste of time.

Not sure how big the back lash with be but they were fine losing people over true healing, they will be fine losing people with nerfs. That is my main point of criticism, why make changes that intentionally make players want to quit. There was other ways to deal with true healing but they chose a potential negative action with their player base. They could of tried to balance the system with smaller changes. The same can be said with the 4 star nerfs, the could of buffered the other 4 stars to the same level.

Also where is this other charge tile user that breaks the system? Why release a character that does that in the first place, when they could use other mechanics to accomplish the same thing? If we haven't seen them yet why did they need to nerf Thor so soon?
    All kinds of questions swirl in my mind, but this nerf, if it comes, will be the straw that broke my camel's back.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    In my view, true healing is the biggest change that caused players to quit. Think about how many players actually have a xf? I'm sure the % is low. But EVERY player got screwed over by the healing change.

Frankly, I'm not concerned that xfw will be nerfed to the extent that it'll be unplayable. Once that occurs, I will simply rely on another teamup configuration. Right now, my plan is to replace xfw with cyclops and use a cyk/lthor/laken team.

The true healing change was one of the few changes that benefited vets, imo. OBW/Spidey allowed weaker players to sacrifice time (prologue healing) to keep up with better players.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    post true healing, I rely on fast healers like laken/daken/patch for soft climbs, and use prologue healing as necessary. To me, the change was made to coerce players into buying heal packs, not to improve the game play overall.
  • simonsez
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I rely on fast healers like laken/daken/patch for soft climbs
    Some day in the future, someone will unearth this post and wonder, "what the heck was a "soft climb?"
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The day they nerf X Force is the day I go 100% F2P on both accounts.
  • rednailz wrote:

I see your "true healing" and raise you a Deadpool Daily!

But back to "True Healing", which I hated not because of the nerf to Spideys healing, but because they had just nerfed him 1 week prior. Do you use Spidey? Are you happy with Spidey? Are you happy working months to obtain new or popular characters only to have them rendered half-useful after 6 months?

XForce has always had True Healing. It just sucked in it's original form. It's funny (to me) that D3 said they wanted to minimize True Healing, but then revised XForces Yellow so that he had a useable True Healing skill. Oh and they had to nerf She-Hulk before she was released. It wasn't just "OMG, look... they're nerfing", it's that people see a clusterf@ck of mismanagement.

Buff/Nerf/Buff/Nerf - yeah, they know what they're doing!