Lets analyze our rosters and identify who needs buffs

dkffiv
dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So in light of all these nerfs lets figure out who we feel needs help. Participate by going down your roster and chiming in on how you feel about each character and what buffs you feel they need. Even if a character is fine, feel free to comment on individual skills that could use a little tweak. I would much rather see the power parity gap closed via buffing than hard nerfing, so maybe if the devs see how we all view characters it would help with their decisions (since by all account it seems they don't have accurate view of how characters function - would love to see opinions from players of all progression levels). Don't forget to include characters you don't have / sold off.

Rating how much help they need on a scale of 0-4, 0 being no help 4 being massive.

Invis Woman (4) - Complete mess. All skills are bad and her health pool is terrible. The minor tweaks supposedly leaked for her "buff" do not sound like they will be enough, she needs a complete rebuild from the ground up.

Nick Fury (1) - Could use an HP bump. Would like to see his purple become more interesting going from 3-5 covers (like 50-100% more damage).

4hor (1) - Yellow could either use a damage increase or a cost decrease.

Xforce (0) - Fine. Maybe more covers in yellow reduces to CD timer but unless they smooth out the damage per cover it would be hard to justify not having 5 green or black.

Black Panther (1) - Blue could use a slight tweak, such as producing 1 protect tile immediately.

GSBW (1) - Red needs a rework and an AI tweak on purple would make her more valuable on D.

Blade (0) - Fine.

LCap (.5) - Really solid but yellow needs to be cheaper.

Cyclops (0) - Fine.

LDaken (0.5) - Fine. Blue probably needs to do more damage per tile consumed rather than eating more of them with extra covers.

Deadpool (1) - Black needs a little help. Wouldn't mind something like DP cannot lose more than 25% of his maximum life if LotP procs.

Falcon (1) - A cost reduction in purple would let him utilize his own yellow more easily. Would like to see the order of his match damage rearranged (with yellow being his weakest) so he can hide behind more characters.

Gamora (2) - Red could use a slight damage increase and black could be a little cheaper

HT (1) - He's a pretty good character but I don't use him much. For his low health his black and green should probably both do a little more.

IM40 (3) - He's usable but only because his yellow is pretty good. His red and blue both need minor tweaks and he's probably a solid character.

Kamala Khan (0) - Fine.

Loki (0.5) - Fine. Would be nice if his black did something on an empty board (creates a strike and protect tile for you and your enemy with your enemy's being 50% weaker).

Luke Cage (0) - Fine.

CMagneto (0) - Fine.

Mystique (1) - If you could choose purple's location that would probably be enough.

Psylocke (2) - Red and black need a minor damage increase, blue needs to be targetable and 5 covers should probably steal 2 AP pools rather than a larger amount

R&G (.5) - Fine, a slight damage increase on green would be nice.

Sentry (2) - Needs to go back to close to his pre nerf numbers. Would prefer if red only killed himself, green CD tiles were faster and maybe if yellow's tile was spread out over 3 tiles so that its not as much of a gamble if its in a good or bad location.

Spider-Man (3) - Yellow needs a cost reduction and blue is pretty slow. Change blue to either 4 AP or always stuns for 2 turns at 5 covers. Purple is getting outclassed by the new protect tile generators and could use a slight buff.

Hood (0.5) - Fine. More covers in black should reduce tiles by 2 rather than affecting more tiles since there are very few characters that can produce that many CDs.

The Hulk (2) - Green could use a damage bump and red needs a rework - currently it does pitiful damage, drains all your green and hurts your own team half the time.

The Punisher (1) - A little more health and some more damage on black's attack tile (especially with more covers) and he'll be solid again.

3* Thor (0.5) - Fine. Red should generate more yellow per cover to allow for more varied builds.

Patch (0.5) - Fine. A cost reduction to maybe 12 would make the red covers matter.

Elektra (2) - Red is pretty terrible, would much rather it be an attack tile if they don't fix traps being overwritten by enemy special tiles. She's on okay character but doesn't scream OP - if she's not going to be awesome she'd be better off as a 3*. At least then I could level her cheaply and get her covers at a regular interval.

Professor X (0.5) - Fine. Would like to see blue have a much weaker proc on 4-matches.

Daredevil (2) - Purple needs to do a little damage when no special tiles are present, should work on CD / trap tiles (at least with 5 covers) and should do a lot more damage if you actually destroy special tiles. Like Elektra I would prefer if trap tiles weren't destroyed by enemy special tiles.

Iron Fist (0) - Fine.

Star-Lord (1) - Yellow and Red need a little help. They should either be targetable or they should do something when the enemy team matches them. Yellow should do something if it resolves (even something like a minor heal would be nice).

Kingpin (3) - Purple seems a little weak and yellow is a mess. For someone so reliant on long CD tiles they should at least be devastating if they go off. The only reason he seems to exist is to be a major nuisance when paired with a black tile generating goon.

Colossus (2) - Yellow should probably create a protect tile along with his CD tile, black needs to be cheaper.

She-Hulk (2) - Blue needs to work on an empty board (2 strike for you 1 for enemy replacing special tiles and basic tiles if not enough are present), green should probably create a protect tile or something.

Beast (2) - Green is actually fine, blue needs to not destroy its own tiles 50% of the time. If blue either buffed random blue tiles or buffed random tiles of specific colors (like protect on red, attack on black, strike on purple - something like that) he might be a solid character. Yellow currently sucks because blue sucks, if blue is fixed that might be it.

Captain Marvel (Modern) (2) - Red needs to do more. Would be nice if it worked on all special tiles and CD tiles at 5 covers (limit it to 3 or 4 tiles total). Threshold to trigger yellow could be a little lower.

Doctor Doom (1) - Doom's black needs a slight buff.

Doctor Octopus (3) - His blue is terrible - needs a cost reduction so at least its a decent board shake if there are no special tiles. Black should get a large damage buff so that he actually counters characters - 166 vs. 166 I'm not afraid to bring a Daken against him. Green is weird but it might be fine if blue + black were good, maybe needs a little more damage.

Ragnarok (3) - His green should do a lot more damage, especially considering it damages your own team. Charged tiles on blue seems like a not thought out move that wasn't implemented well. I would rather it destroy 2/3/4 green tiles, generating AP for them + cascading in addition to its heal rather than charged tile generation.

Squirrel Girl (2) - Yellow needs a rework and purple could use a slight damage boost. Green might be fine, I haven't played with her enough to know for sure.

3* Storm (3) - Her HP is too low for what she does. Yellow needs to do something, I would like to see if function like Mutant Revolutionary but for green. Black needs to do a lot more damage.

Devil Dino (1) - He's not bad for a joke character. Could use a little more damage on red and green.

Ares (0) - Fine.

OBW (0) - Fine.

2* Daken (0.5) - Fine. Blue should do more damage per cover rather than eating more tiles.

MNMag (1) - If blue did around 1k damage and was targetable he would be complete. He's still pretty good as is though.

2* Storm (0.5) - Fine. Wouldn't mind seeing the base damage of yellow increased by 100% or so.

2* Thor (0.5) - Fine. Extra covers in red generates more yellow for varied builds.

2* Wolverine (1) - Green's strike tiles should be a little stronger, would like to see yellow function all the time rather than sub 50%.

2* Cap (2) - Yellow needs a rework, red needs a damage bump. Wouldn't mind seeing blue leave behind a protect tile like 3* version.

2* Hawkeye (1) - Would like to see 1 Speed Shot tile proc if you make a 4-match.

1* IM (1) - Blue needs a cost reduction

1* Storm (1) - Like 3* would like to see the Mutant Revolutionary treatment on yellow and black needs a slight damage bump. For 1*/2* land she's in a much better place than 3* Storm.

2* Bullseye (3) - Needs a third ability and black should be a lot cheaper.

2* Captain Marvel (?) - I think she might be fine for 2* land, never had a chance to use her.

Moonstone (2) - Purple needs targeting. She also needs a functioning black - give her Yelena's black with a cost reduction and she's probably solid.

MBW (1) - Purple should follow OBW's cover progression / cost. Could use a third ability.

Jugg (.5) - Fine, could use a third ability.

Venom (1) - Black could be a little cheaper, needs a third ability.

Bag-Man (4) - Complete mess, needs a total overhaul.

1* Hawkeye (2) - Red should deal a little damage and he needs a third.

2* Torch (?) - I think he's fine for 2* land but I haven't played with him.

Yelena (3) - Skills are too expensive and she needs a third ability.

After going down the list, I think there are only 2 characters who need complete overhauls (Bagman + Woman). Yelena, Bullseye, 3* Storm, Rangarok, Kingpin, Spider-Man, IM40 need some major buffs, most of the other stuff is either number tweaks or a single skill needing a revamp. I'm predicting Quicksilver is going to be on that in need of a complete overhaul list but we'll see. Besides Kingpin + Quicksilver it seems like most of the recent character releases are in pretty good shape.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    What Fury needs is to be scaled like new release powers: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26891&p=327486&hilit=balance+fury#p327486. I can live with his HP.

To that end, any 3* that isn't adjusted to the current scale should also be adjusted. That's mostly the old characters like IM40 and Panther.

As for the powers themselves, I think you've got it covered. Only quibble I have is moStorm does 1k per turn at launch of her (max) black, so that's good as is.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let me just cover the 4* world, since that's a complete mess.

X-Force: Hands off!

Fury: I actually think he's fine, damage-wise. The only changes I might make would be to up the damage when you match your own demolition tile, and to let you place the escape plan cd tile

IW: rebuild her completely. I never liked the force bubble mechanic at all, regardless of cost. Give her an invisibility skill more similar to PX, and make her other abilities steal AP and spam protect tiles.

Elektra: Her red needs to be a strike tile, and purple needs to do something if no strike tiles are present.

Starlord: His red needs to be placeable, and his yellow should be persistent like an invisibility tile, not a countdown.

GT: For the love of God, add back some charge tiles to blue. It should NOT take 3 smites to down a Hulk. That's an embarrassment.

PX: Yellow at 3 should produce a strike or attack tile.

Kingpin: He's fine for what he's meant to be.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    What Fury needs is to be scaled like new release powers: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26891&p=327486&hilit=balance+fury#p327486. I can live with his HP.

To that end, any 3* that isn't adjusted to the current scale should also be adjusted. That's mostly the old characters like IM40 and Panther.

As for the powers themselves, I think you've got it covered. Only quibble I have is moStorm does 1k per turn at launch of her (max) black, so that's good as is.

1k that gets reduced 500 something pretty quickly. For having 5100 HP her attack needs to be devastating. Doubling the damage to 2k a turn ~1k persistent and you might think twice about fighting her.

Fury needs some kind of tweak on purple. There really isn't any reason to have 5 purple other than that's the way the covers fell. I would like to see compelling reasons to have different builds. To that end I'm going to go back and edit some of the characters I listed as fine (turns out that's only for 2/3* Thor and Daken. Everyone else seems to have reasons to go multiple builds)
  • i think i agree with everything posted icon_e_geek.gif