Matchmaking Issues in PVP?

Cabol
Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey guys, do I joined the Hulk PVP with 24 hr to go in slice 4. I got through 4 or 5 seed teams and then this popped up as one of my matches:
or8nih.jpg
Here's a picture of my top 5 covers:
e654id.jpg

I also have a matchup against a lvl 215 Hulk - max lazy Capt - max lazy Thor. I thought matchmaking was going to make it closer to your roster and not this **** again. Am I missing something because I want to enjoy playing PVP.

Comments

• D3P2K5
    D3P2K5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Yup! You found the problem with the latest tweak! It was supposed to help isolate 2* players from top end 3*/4* but instead what it did was make all 2* players invisible to everyone including other 2* rosters. The thing is 3* players are also supposed to be able to see maxed 2* teams while climbing under the "new" system.

D3, you really really messed this one up this time! I hope you're going to reduce Season progression reward levels to compensate us all for this major untested fail! This one is even worse that the MMR test you performed off season after Season XI.
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I am having the same problem. My roster is just under max 2* lvl and I barely managed to scrape 190 some-odd points out of Smash before being hit multiple times. I'm now down to 162 points and no matter how much I skip all I see are invincible 3 and 4 * teams. I used to be able to climb to around 300 pts before shielding or getting smacked down. PVP & PVE are both mangled.

These are indeed dark days... It hasn't been said yet so I'm gonna say it -- the whole game needs to be taken back to formula. (Yes, green gobbies, I said it! What'cha gonna do?)
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Yah, I had been doing pretty well for my roster, usually hitting mid-500's to over 600. Some of these special events and tweaking the MMR, I would get 700, and even hit the new 800 progression! (Should be 500 or 600, honestly).

This event? I hit the wall under 200. I spent so much ISO skipping early on, when normally I just forge through whoever shows up. I managed to get just over 500 by fighting teams honestly out of my league (I have 108 LC/IF, 112 profx, smattering of 100 3*s, and then the 94s). Most teams I saw were running a 290 hulk, plus 270s or 166s. I ended up fighting a 220 hulk/220 xf/166 dakan just to get points. But that pretty much means one fight and I'm done.

And a lot of these crazy teams were worth under 25 points, so they would just laugh and attack back for free points.

I don't know what D3 did, but they are offering KK again in Blind Justice to make up for the errors before...and then there is this? At this rate, they are just going to have to give everyone her covers. I am NOT looking forward to that pvp event. Or the S.H.I.E.L.D. sim for that matter.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    I started getting hit as soon as I finished seed teams and started seeing maxed teams shortly after. With hulk being the boosted this has been more of a pain than its worth.
  • During Heavy Metal I saw what I thought was ideal matchmaking. I'm a 94 roster mix of 2* and 3* but nothing over 94. In Heavy Metal I saw basically a range of +/- 40 levels. To me this looked ideal, even 3* at 130-140 was within reach to fight. I finished top 10.

So they removed it and changed the mmr and now after my seeds I found nothing but 166+. If I found a team I could face...hulk was 200+ . At various times this,morning I have gone in and skipped looking for teams. I'm 2 hrs from slice end, scraped together 200 points (which is lowest I've had since start of last season which I hit 300 to 500 in every match) and spent 2k Iso looking for teams....

Now KK is PvP and same mmr so no,chance to work on my covers. PvE is such a damn joke for covering (specially since they won't add IF and Rag at least to deadpool) that this change as I read it was the only real way to transition.
  • Azoic wrote:
    Most teams I saw were running a 290 hulk, plus 270s or 166s. I ended up fighting a 220 hulk/220 xf/166 dakan just to get points. But that pretty much means one fight and I'm done.

And a lot of these crazy teams were worth under 25 points, so they would just laugh and attack back for free points.

This might be the absolute worst part of this "improved" experience for me. I go ahead and slog through a vastly outmatched team, end up somehow miraculously winning, blowing through most if not all of my health in the process, and then the team I beat essentially gets free points in turn by effortlessly crushing my 100 lb. weaklings... lol

DBC
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    This season has been brutal for me. Usually I can get 400-500 points with some effort (transitioning from 2-3 stars, Top 5 are Level 147 XForce, Level 127 Gamora, Level 104 Captain Marvel, Level 103 Luke Cage and a maxed out Ares). I've barely been able to get to the 300 mark, which has not been worth considering all that token has yielded are 2-stars. I'm seeing brutally impossible matchups before I even get to 300. Whatever changed, it stinks.