How do you get that extra MPQ game time in

Options
Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Sometimes its hard to get that MPQ game time in especially when your girlfriend (lol!) says you've played enough for the day and puts the bad-case on your phone again.

So now your phone is in the bad-case and you can't play anymore! But uh-oh, the event you were (barely!) number 1 in is about to end in just an hour!

Here's what I do to get that last little boost in -

I keep a cell phone in a ziploc baggie and keep it in the tank of my toilet (the water part on the back). So after dinner (usually grits, biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffles and some zuchini!) I'll hold my tummy and go "ohhhh, ohhh" and then I'll say I need to use the restroom. At this point your wife will check your phone to make sure it's still in the bad case so you can't send secret messages to your mom or girlfriend any more that evening, and once she approves your scheduled bathroom time you can slip in and remove the phone. This will buy you at least 15 minutes of play time, plus you get the added benefit of sitting on the toilet and using that nifty shelf on the back to prop your arms up for the phone to rest on. A+! You can also use the duplicate phone to send secret messages to your mom and girlfriend, but that's not recommended as it reduces marvel puzzle quest time and they don't really care very much (lol!).

Still didn't get enough game time? That's okay! Because we can get another 10 or so by helping out our furry feline friend. You gotta get a cat if you wanna do well in mpq guys! Just hide a phone in a ziploc baggie underneath his litter! Then you can tell your wife that you're just gonna go scoop the litter out and spend some quality time with the little guy and secretly you can game it up! Be sure to pet him a little while you're there so the little guy isn't lonely.

Oh and the cat is a boy ok.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To paraphrase a wise old man;
    I'll keep it short and sweet. Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in MPQ. When your nodes refresh or your shield is expiring, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.
  • Arondite
    Options
    Bump - share your methods for extra play time when your wife puts your phone in the bad-case!
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I buy my husband a new video game every other month or so. "Oh, you're bored with Call of Duty? Here, try Diablo."
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You could try to hook your gf or wife or mom on MPQ.
  • Arondite
    Options
    You could try to hook your gf or wife or mom on MPQ.

Good idea I think I will get my cat playing tonight
  • Arondite
    Options
    Bump - this is more important now than ever, thanks to the Ultron event.
  • You could do what my husband did and get your wife hooked on MPQ as well icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    During the week, finding play time is pretty easy: I'm my own boss and work from my home office, so I can schedule my work around half-hour breaks during node refreshes/shield expirations and the like.

During weekends, my kids, girlfriend and social life take priority (pretty much in that order). I have MPQ installed on my tablet and not my phone so it won't become a distraction when I have better/more fun things to do. Usually it only means that I might score a bit lower during the weekend pvp than for other events, but I'll admit that for this Ultron event it means that I've gone from one of the top PvE scorers for my alliance to someone in the middle of the pack. I might not even get that last prog reward, but c'est la vie.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You can probably add another 5 minutes on the toilet if you pretend to have constipation. Or you can be like me, eat a square of prune cake and you'll be visiting the toilet A LOT.
  • Arondite
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    During the week, finding play time is pretty easy: I'm my own boss and work from my home office, so I can schedule my work around half-hour breaks during node refreshes/shield expirations and the like.

During weekends, my kids, girlfriend and social life take priority (pretty much in that order). I have MPQ installed on my tablet and not my phone so it won't become a distraction when I have better/more fun things to do. Usually it only means that I might score a bit lower during the weekend pvp than for other events, but I'll admit that for this Ultron event it means that I've gone from one of the top PvE scorers for my alliance to someone in the middle of the pack. I might not even get that last prog reward, but c'est la vie.

Do you ever pretend one of your kids pood his pants so you can use the toilet phone?
  • Arondite
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

Do you ever pretend one of your kids pood his pants so you can use the toilet phone?