Changes to help New Players?

misterx112
misterx112 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
There have been many changes made to help new players or players with low lvl rosters in pvp. I know not all the changes were made for new players benefit, but for every ones benefit. But has it really helped? Let's look at a few.
Nerf to Sentry: As David [Hi-Fi] Moore said "While Sentry and The Hood are mighty heroes, under certain circumstances, ability exploits could arise. We wanted to address these exploits and make the game more fun for everyone."
I think we all can agree that Sentry was maybe to good but the nerf was to much. But one thing Sentry did do was let lower rosters(he didn't need to be maxed) punch above there weight. He also drove up the scores in pvp which let lower rosters to score higher.

Shield Cooldowns: Some of the thinking behind this change:
• "Shield hopping" is still possible but very limited. High-scoring is fun, but Shield hopping generally requires a large amount of out-of-game communication that not all players have access to. We asked ourselves this question: "Would you Shield hop if you didn't need to in order to reach a high score? If not, that's a sign that a change is probably needed."

• This change helps level the playing field. Players that don't have the Hero Points to spend on Shields, either through being in a top 100 Alliance or purchasing currency, will not need to worry about someone simply outspending them by using hundreds of Hero Points to Shield hop for a win.

• Initially, we'll be keeping the scores needed to earn progression rewards the same while we test a few Versus Events and gather data. Over the last few months, we've seen a lot of variation in the number of players using lots of Shields in a single Event, and a lot of variation in the highest scores players reach, but very little variation in how much effort it takes to reach a particular progression reward. It's not clear at this point how much this change will affect the difficulty of earning progression rewards; it'll depend on what strategies people adopt in response to the change. We'll be watching how the difficulty changes and will make adjustments to the rewards after a few Events if necessary.
This change really didn't change either of the first 2 points. It actually made it even more so. The 3rd point, it did lower scores and as a result they lower progression rewards. But again it lowered scores which again hurt lower lvl players scores. All the first two changes have done is lower the mean and median.

Now they are changing the mmr to help the newer players. I believe this will again lower the scores. It is suppose to keep the 3*/4* rosters from beating up on the 2* rosters. Making it easier or enjoyable for 2* to play pvp. From what I have seen on my account (3*/4*) and my son's account (2*) is it making you battle people with similar rosters. So 3*/4* no longer climb on 2*. But no longer lets 2* climb on the 1*/2* making it a grind no matter what. Grind = no fun. It also forces you to bring your best toons every single time. No more using your complete roster. Something needed to be done but this is just way off. I would ask the Devs to please examine the changes they have made. Is it really helping the new players?