A simple solution to all the new characters.

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After all these releases and players unable to keep up, I thought of a very elegant way to deal with the resource requirements.

Get rid of needing 13 covers and move to 10. Everything stays the same except the base stats, so a character you have covered the new way 1/1/1 would be the same as having a character covered 2/2/2 (old way)

Take X-Force as example everyone has him 5/5/3, but in the new version he would be 4/4/2 and still have all the same stats, it's just 3 less covers you need to collect to have a useable character.

Honestly I'm to the point they may as well let us have characters 5/5/5 since collecting 2 more covers isn't that big of a deal at that point.

Comments

• Remember when it was 1 cover per level, and every 5 covers would grant a new "power"

So it could be worse.
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    They could probably just make it easier to get those final 3 covers, or just covers in general.

I love the game but I don't like the new 4* focus at all. If they were easier to get to a usable state, I'd be fine with it. 6-9 months for me to get a usable 4* is depressing. Eventually they'll need to open up placement rewards because as they add more 4* heroes, the longer it's going to take to cover any single 4*. It's just way too long before the rewards are offered again. I'm willing to spend money on the game, but not $100+ for a single character.

Otherwise, I'm happy that they keep adding new heroes (roster slots seriously need to be fixed pricing after a certain point though).
  • They would probably never go for this since cover generation is what keeps the token lottery wheels spinning.

What if you went down to 3 covers for each ability. Cut out levels 2 and 4 of every ability (or maybe make 1=3 and keep 4 and 5 for simplicity on things that level awkwardly) and that way you could 9 cover a guy at 3/3/3 and no more build sacrificing the worst power to over power the rest.

Also any change would have to result in iso value for covers already used or there would be riots.
  • I enjoy having to make choices about which powers I want to level, and wouldn't want a 3/3/3 system. I like to build characters in a way I find interesting, not necessarily what is the "best". Sometimes those align, but I like having the choice icon_razz.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    taloncarde wrote:
    Remember when it was 1 cover per level, and every 5 covers would grant a new "power"

So it could be worse.
    And then it was 15 covers after that. So you could have 5/5/5.
  • taloncarde wrote:
    Remember when it was 1 cover per level, and every 5 covers would grant a new "power"

So it could be worse.
    And then it was 15 covers after that. So you could have 5/5/5.

it It has been a while, but i'm pretty sure you couldn't do 5/5/5, I remember there still being a level cap like the 1 stars have now, but luckily that got changed fast. Imagine having to get a 3 star/4 star cover just to get 1 level!