Anger not working in PVP... against opponents!

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
So, i just finished 4 PVP fights, all had hulks with all 3 abilities and 10k+ hp. Doom purple (5) with 6 traps out, BOOM 7k damage gone.. but their hulk could have cared less. no anger at all, none. Also, Doom's summoned demons (got 2 shots off) doing almost 2k a round, Hulk not getting angry. Is this a glitch or did i just get superbly lucky?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't remember how the new Doom trap ability works, but if each one resolves as a separate instance, then they may not be able to trip the anger threshold. Anger triggers on damage done by a single instance, not all damage done in a turn.
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    Options
    I've had no issues with Anger triggering at all. Are you sure that the Hulk's you fought had the Anger ability? Not all Hulks have that ability unlocked and the loaner definitely doesn't. I would assume that the people you fought were missing it.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Verno5x wrote:
    I've had no issues with Anger triggering at all. Are you sure that the Hulk's you fought had the Anger ability? Not all Hulks have that ability unlocked and the loaner definitely doesn't. I would assume that the people you fought were missing it.

I am sure they had it, and as i found out, when the AI uses traps against me, it does not trigger it, matched an ambush and it did not trigger my Anger, maybe traps are considered self damage (like some of his abilities?)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this is interesting to note - trap damage doesn't trigger anger...noted and thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can't reproduce the issue locally =( If it happens again, could you take a screenshot and post it here?

Thanks!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I can't reproduce the issue locally =( If it happens again, could you take a screenshot and post it here?

Thanks!

Will do, the event is over, so not sure when i will be taking on maxed hulks again ( i tend to skip them as i am transitioning).