Change how new characters are released.

CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
Every new character release follows the same pattern - they're the prize in a PvE event, then they're featured in the next PvE, and sometime in the week after their debut PvE they get a PvP event to themselves, after which they largely fade into the background, being added to tokens the following season. It should be very, very apparent from players' reactions to the past few weeks that this pattern sucks when the new characters come in rapid succession.

For starters, with back-to-back(-to-back) releases there's no "down" PvE where players can pull back on the constant grind, which leads to burnout. Nor is there time to restock on HP for the next roster spot purchase, which leads to resentment. And it's a long stretch where the characters we've built up before don't matter, which in turn raises the question of why I should care so much about getting the newbies when they might never be featured, or even boosted, again. Doubly so for a new 4* like Kingpin, who is without a doubt going to languish unused in my roster forever, even if I have the obscene token luck to get four or five more of his covers.

I realize Demiurge doesn't have total freedom to release the characters they want, when they want, but that shouldn't mean they have no option but to turn PvE into a firehose of constant new-release events. Use lightning rounds. Debut characters in PvP events. Make them available as PvE progression awards rather than through placement. Maybe just send them straight to tokens. Or come up with a new sort of release event entirely. But the way it is now, especially with Age of Ultron approaching, is unsustainable.