Um...did anyone else see this(April Fool's)

Options
Did anyone else see the MPQ April Fool's image(https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest?fref=ts It's 3 posts down on April 1st)? I would link it but I guess you can't link from Facebook anymore?

tumblr_nmlieh2fbr1rbl1loo1_500.jpg
I know this is old news, but I just saw this and some of the character art actually looks real combined with the fact that D3 isn't very sneaky - Any thoughts?

characters that actually look like they could be MPQ art:

-Iron patriot
-Kingpin
-Gotg Iron Man
-King Thor(Alternate timeline thor)
-Age of Ultron Wolverine
-Bastion
-Some sort of Mega-Doombot?
-Some green-dressed girl(Female Loki? I dunno)
-Alternate armor doom
-Some sort of Purple...armor lady?

Sorry I don't know the comics well I can't identify some of 'em

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They did Kingpin, so it wasn't an April fools joke. I could see a few of those as concept art for yet to be added characters (as if we need more right now).

Iron Patriot would fit well into the original Dark Reign storyline, though they haven't been sticking to that too closely.

We've already got wolverine everywhere but the one star level, so yet another doesn't seem compelling.

Odin looks like a lazy reskin of Thor, but makes sense as a future character given the Marvel movie universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy flavor Iron Man absoluley fits given the direction of the movies. And he doesn't have a 4 star yet. That seems very likely.

Another Dr Doom. Not super interesting to me. Maybe if they wanted a 2 star version.
  • According to my friends who have more Marvel Lore knowledge, that's not Odin in the picture, it's King Thor from an alternate timeline.
  • firethorne wrote:
    They did Kingpin, so it wasn't an April fools joke. I could see a few of those as concept art for yet to be added characters (as if we need more right now).

Iron Patriot would fit well into the original Dark Reign storyline, though they haven't been sticking to that too closely.

We've already got wolverine everywhere but the one star level, so yet another doesn't seem compelling.

Odin looks like a lazy reskin of Thor, but makes sense as a future character given the Marvel movie universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy flavor Iron Man absoluley fits given the direction of the movies. And he doesn't have a 4 star yet. That seems very likely.

Another Dr Doom. Not super interesting to me. Maybe if they wanted a 2 star version.

Additionally we have this as evidence: icon_ironpatriot.png
    taloncarde wrote:
    According to my friends who have more Marvel Lore knowledge, that's not Odin in the picture, it's King Thor from an alternate timeline.

Can your friends identify all the(obviously non-fake) characters?
  • They joke with us all year so they actually took april fools day off lol
  • I'm going back through our chat history, but

"Age of ultron wolverine was in that 'can you guess whose next?' Image and it was drawn in the MPQ style"

(Age of Ultron the Comic event, not the movie)

But i think that was really the only one that hasn't already been mentioned by others (Iron patriot, etc)
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm still waiting for Aunt May to be released, and every one of her powers will be related to the making of or consumption of wheatcakes.
  • Elleby wrote:
    I'm still waiting for Aunt May to be released, and every one of her powers will be related to the making of or consumption of wheatcakes.

We already got Tacos, it's not that far-fetched icon_razz.gif
    taloncarde wrote:
    I'm going back through our chat history, but

"Age of ultron wolverine was in that 'can you guess whose next?' Image and it was drawn in the MPQ style"

But i think that was really the only one that hasn't already been mentioned by others (Iron patriot, etc)

Ok thanks I am unfamiliar with the comics so I can't attach names to what they look like.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    taloncarde wrote:

Maybe they will reskin Patch for some Age-of-Ultron-connected event?
  • Added picture of the image - at least I tried to

characters that actually look like they could be MPQ art:

-Iron patriot
    -Kingpin
    -Gotg Iron Man
    -King Thor(Alternate timeline thor)
    -Age of Ultron Wolverine
    -Bastion
    -Some sort of Mega-Doombot?
    -Some green-dressed girl(Female Loki? I dunno)
    -Alternate armor doom
    -Some sort of Purple...armor lady?

Sorry I don't know the comics well I can't identify some of 'em
  • Female Loki? I think you refer to Kid Loki, the Loki after the asgardians are trapped in humans bodies and Thor goes to wake them up
  • Agent Alex wrote:
    Female Loki? I think you refer to Kid Loki, the Loki after the asgardians are trapped in humans bodies and Thor goes to wake them up

Yes I made that mistake, I was corrected....if you can identify any of them it would be appreciated viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21727&p=333278#p333190