Options
2»

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:

Any suggestions for another time waster? I'm beginning to consider new options...

Terra Battle by MistWalker Studios. Very player friendly. You can be 100% FTP. And most importantly...a very competent and communicative Dev team.

easy...marc

Holy ****...Lost Odyssey Mistwalker?

I'm so in.
  • I hit stage 5 at the end of last season.

Haven't played a PVP or PVE since then.

It feels....incredible.

It's hard to describe.

I realize now that any enjoyment I gained from playing this game was purely from the joy of fulfilling the routine I had created for myself.

Wake up, get 300 points. Work. Go to lunch, get 200 more points. Work. Get home from work. Get 300 more points and shield. Climb another 200 points, get the 4 star cover and shield until the end of PVP. *cathartic release*

It wasn't until I stopped playing that I realized how pathetic it was that I was letting this game dictate my schedule and, to a degree, my life.

And don't even get me started on PVE. That's a whole new level of schedule dictation.

I still enjoy coming on the forums every now and then, but as far as playing the game, there is nothing to enjoy left. They took a fun game concept, added characters that made it fun to play with different combinations and things like that, then added such a ceaseless and time devouring grind such that any joy from the first 2 parts is drained out, leaving just the routine and the addiction.

I'm still leaving the door open to come back in the future, because I have gotten to know a lot of people that play this game and enjoy talking about the game, its balance, how it could improve etc.

But right now I'm just enjoying knowing that I don't have to worry about:
    "When is my shield expiring again? Oh ****, I'm in a meeting then, I'll need to do an extra hop now to reset my timer."
    or
    "Holy ****! I overslept! What time does the PVP end? Uggggghhh, I missed my alliance minimum."
    etc.

The worst part was worrying about how this game impacted my social life. "
    Should I try for Shard 1? What if I sleep in on Sunday? I'm not doing shard 2 or 3 because those are always dry shards. I guess I could do Shard 4 or 5, but I don't want to play on Saturday; that's date night with the wife. Sunday I usually go to my friends' house and watch football (during football season). When am I going to find time on the weekend to play this game?"

Not having any of those stressers anymore just feels....it feels so much better than the small joy I feel for reaching 1000 in PVP. I feel free. I feel like a butterfly.

"I'm a butterfly! I'm flying free with my beautiful butterfly wings!...Butterflies have no concern for such things! I'm gonna go find me some butterfly poon!"