The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently most of my alliance has quit the game. I am seeing enraged players in the forum with many long time players retiring. I love Deadpool Daily Quest but each new week gets worse and worse for the overall game. I hope the tide turns around but too many bad changes/additions back to back are killing the fun of the game.

The Good:
Deadpool Daily Quest still running
Can send Team-ups and still continue to play with that character
Increased chances for 3* in tokens (we'll see)

The Bad:
Nerf: 4hor, Mystique, Rags (although easier to face in PVE)
Ironfist buyback
Reduced max boosts to 2
Back-to-back New Characters: Professor X ~ Rags (3rd cover)~ Kamala Khan ~ Kingpin ~ Quicksilver

The Ugly
Dramatically changed match making in PVP
65,000 point progression for Kamala Khan
Missing tokens and tacos

Am I missing anything?

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good.. They changed 4* awards from top 50 to top 100.

Bad.. Older characters that can use a little buff, i.e. Beast, Ock, SheHulk, and Spidey

Ugly.. The out of control, ridiculously high, scaling in PvE. It's almost impossible to beat some of them now that characters have been nerfed. On the Business Partners node with Hood/Mags in TaT, I wiped more times than all the other nodes through out the entire event combined.

And roster slot prices. Said it before, and I'll say it again. A new slot should NOT cost more than a 4 * cover!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Owerbalancing pre-release character abilities negatively and/or modifying abilities which downgrades fun team compositions.

- ProfX yellow: got overly protective. (1-3 covers only protect tiles)
    - Quicksilver: underpowered/expensive powers which are only on par with other abilites, when locked tile conditions are met.

if we are here,
    - Kingpin: generates weaker countdown tiles than same level goons.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm going to add to the Good - increased chances of a 3* out of the token packs. In the long run, this will greatly ease the 2-3* transition, albiet in a random fashion.

I also think these two things are a wash -
    - speaking from my admittedly limited experience, 2 boosts still gives you a pretty good edge on offense, particularly with X-Force. Limited the boosts will also mean they have to nerf less - accounting for boosts was why the Sentry nerf was so harsh.

- the changes to Rags make him so much more pleasant to fight - sure if he gets Godlike power off it will kind of suck, but you won't have to experience it every turn like you used to. Yeah, he's still not particularly viable to play, but he wasn't before, not really.

So are you considering "the Ugly" worse than "the Bad" or vice versa? I mean, if the former I'd totally reverse them - the PVP matching and back to back new characters are just so very, very horrible...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I'm going to add to the Good - increased chances of a 3* out of the token packs. In the long run, this will greatly ease the 2-3* transition, albiet in a random fashion.

I also think these two things are a wash -
    - speaking from my admittedly limited experience, 2 boosts still gives you a pretty good edge on offense, particularly with X-Force. Limited the boosts will also mean they have to nerf less - accounting for boosts was why the Sentry nerf was so harsh.

- the changes to Rags make him so much more pleasant to fight - sure if he gets Godlike power off it will kind of suck, but you won't have to experience it every turn like you used to. Yeah, he's still not particularly viable to play, but he wasn't before, not really.

So are you considering "the Ugly" worse than "the Bad" or vice versa? I mean, if the former I'd totally reverse them - the PVP matching and back to back new characters are just so very, very horrible...

You're right and I revised it a bit. I completely agree with you about Rags. The reason he is in there is because his 'buff' was really a 'nerf' but I am much less stressed facing him in PVE.

I understand limiting the boosts for PVP but it hurts us on PVE especially DDQ especially for the 2-3* transitioner who relies on Black Widow's blue and could use the extra AP.

While the back-to-back new characters is quite annoying, fortunately for the new characters, they have been getting worse with each release. Professor X seems cool and Kamala could be useful but Kingpin and Quicksilver don't look very good. Maybe with the bad reaction of how no one will want these latest characters they will slow down on the releases.