Lighting round matching wonky??!?

Kaazz
Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What the tinykitty is going on with the lighting rounds? As soon as I jump in, no matter how much time is left, I'm immediately facing teams with level 166+ characters. My best char is at 123, and all the rest are hovering around 100, +/-10

I can't even compete! I tried skipping to the next opponent, but subsequent teams were just as hard. If this is the new tweaks to pvp matchmaking, something is SERIOUSLY wrong. At least one of my alliance-mates is experiencing the same thing. What gives? This leaves me completely I able to participate in lighting rounds! icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• Same thing Happened to me.

I'm ready boycotting the PVE due to the dev's moronic idea that people should be spending $40/month in roster spots ... And now they broke the lighting rounds. What the tiny kitty is up with them? ... Did their server lease expire so they're trying to get everyone to quit before IT goes offline? icon_neutral.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you aren't in the LR with in the first min you can expect to miss the seed teams. After five min you are guaranteed to be facing max level teams. If I start within the first ten secs, I can generally get to 150 pts before I run out of seed teams. I have 65 chars, 20 max 3* roster, so I can tell you definitely that your roster has no effect on seed team availability.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    PvP MMR that's been such a smash hit (!) is now also used in LRs

And devs seem to be pretty happy with themselves so this aint going to change

I really am starting to think about a vacation from this game
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    And devs seem to be pretty happy with themselves so this aint going to change
    I don't think they are happy because they didn't achieve the goal they were aiming (make things less struggling for transitoners). You reach your wall mych much much faster then before. And lose a lot of point (even with 30% reduction) points for beating as before (heck i am 94** and when 166*** attacks me I lose 30 points....****). So... Yeah. They want to make everyone happy but noone happy with such changes.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having the new MMR on lightning rounds seems really counter-intuitive. Isn't the point of these for everyone to be on an even playing ground? That the ISO is needed more for the developed rosters?

Before the game would occasionally crash during my seed-team nodes and I would think: oh well, I can still continue. It crashed this morning and I thought: well, that lightning round is done.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Last bunch of Lightning Rounds I could usually get the 2nd Standard Token from getting 250 points before even hitting 94's.

These new LR's I clear the seeds and get around 166's...did something change or am I just getting unlucky?

(Max characters are 87 except for those powered up which aren't much higher from lack of covers.)
  • The same thing has been happening to me. It really has become a lightning round for me, because as soon as I see these 166 teams, I quit. I have one character at 100 so I don't stand a chance in the lightning rounds anymore.

I really don't understand why the devs are trying to fix things that aren't broken, but ignore the things that are (PVE scaling, I'm looking at you).
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I just finished a Lighting Round with Captain American as the featured character. My best piece is a level 230 X-Force. My Captain America is maxed at 166 with a total of eight 3 stars maxed.

After an hour and a half of grinding fairly hard, I struggled to finish in the top 100. Meanwhile, the last time I checked the leaderboard there was a player with nothing better than level 2 characters in the top 10. Something is wrong with this picture.

Why upgrade if there is no advantage to level 3 and 4 characters over level 2 characters.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    The LR's on Tuesday and Wednesday were fine for me. Then I tried the Captain America one this morning (the last one of the set) and I also saw nothing but maxed teams once I had cleared the seeds. I spent a couple hundred ISO trying to skip to something more normal, but couldn't get away from the 270's, 249's and 166's. If that continues I guess I'll just do seed teams and then be done.