Red blood icon

Options
jjfyahpowah
jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
When hit by some attacks, Deadpool's 'a little off the top' for example, a red blood icon appears over the health symbol. Does this signify anything?

Comments

• GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deadpool just slashed your dude... right in the Health Bar! 'Cause he's Deadpool!

The animation should show him slicing a health bar in half, because I didn't get it for a while either. I think he's the only character that bloodies the Health Bar, though.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I always (erroneously) thought this meant that he reduced a character's maximum health by x%. So slashing Patch meant that he could only heal himself up to his new reduced maximum. And I thought that's why the health bar got the red blood on them.

Would have been an interesting mechanic. Obviously the reduced amount would only be for that match.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always (erroneously) thought this meant that he reduced a character's maximum health by x%. So slashing Patch meant that he could only heal himself up to his new reduced maximum. And I thought that's why the health bar got the red blood on them.

Would have been an interesting mechanic. Obviously the reduced amount would only be for that match.

This was my first thought on the ability too.
    I think it would have made it more interesting. 65% is a lot, so the values would have to be tweaked slightly, and it would have to be made so that it couldn't stack.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The move is probably inspired by Deadpool on Marvel vs Capcom 3 where he picks up the health bar and attacks the opponent with it. Too bad the actual animation in MPQ doesn't reflect him slashing the health bar.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The move is probably inspired by Deadpool on Marvel vs Capcom 3 where he picks up the health bar and attacks the opponent with it.
    Ok, now I want to put down MPQ and go play that.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

I think it would have made it more interesting. 65% is a lot, so the values would have to be tweaked slightly, and it would have to be made so that it couldn't stack.

So you want them to nerf his red? No thanks.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

So you want them to nerf his red? No thanks.

Yeah, it's a neat idea, but if they added that ability and kept it the damage same it would be OP, but if they reduced the damage it would be horrible.