A new character free month

theshadeofopal
theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can we get a break after ultron+scarlet witch and after the player surge resulatant from avengers 2? A few long overdue buffs, maybe rerun a few of the less common pvps and less stressful pves? There's enough buildup of characters to level at this point that people won't stop playing due to some perceived stagnation. The player appreciation month last year was fine but maybe its time for a different kind.

Comments

• Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Are you kidding? We've got to get Vision and Hulkbuster too. Then Ant-Man and Wasp over the summer. Not to mention finally getting Rouge, Nightcrawler and Gambit, etc. etc.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I think a lot of people feel overwhelmed right now, particularly if they feel pressure from their Alliance-mates. I have some sympathy for that, but when you put it this way... Why not ask just ask the Devs to close the IAP Store next month because you've been spending too much lately?

I'm glad that the typical release pace works for you, but why should the Devs cater to you in particular? I like the shiny new stuff even if I can't have it all the second it comes out.

You want a break? Take a break.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I think a lot of people feel overwhelmed right now, particularly if they feel pressure from their Alliance-mates. I have some sympathy for that, but when you put it this way... Why not ask just ask the Devs to close the IAP Store next month because you've been spending too much lately?

I'm glad that the typical release pace works for you, but why should the Devs cater to you in particular? I like the shiny new stuff even if I can't have it all the second it comes out
    You want a break? Take a break.

I worry that the recent pace will become more standard. Would you be okay with the typical release schedule becomes 3-4 characters a month? It's not simply a problem from a personal player standpoint but from a business standpoint. It's pretty evident that intense pve activity causes alliance fracture or outright quitting.

Another concern is that so much of the devs mindset is new characters=money. The goodwill and enthusiasm engendered by fixing weak characters or putting on events like the anniversary are harder to measure but I'm guessing fairly substantial. I'd never say put a moratorium on new characters until everything is fixed but an occasional pivot on priorities might prove fruitful.

I'm not a huge spender, one of the midsize hp packs every few months or so, maybe buying a cover one a character once every month or so, not really an issue. I'm not a "will never buy again ____ occurs or is nerfed" player as I don't sink much into chacters themselves.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can almost promise you this pace is not going to be the norm, however, this might happen in the future again (especially in the summer months).
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I worry that the recent pace will become more standard. Would you be okay with the typical release schedule becomes 3-4 characters a month? It's not simply a problem from a personal player standpoint but from a business standpoint. It's pretty evident that intense pve activity causes alliance fracture or outright quitting.
    I might be fine with 3-4 characters per month. As it is now, I already skip the 4* releases. My MPQ budget can't handle 4* characters, so I don't prioritize them. I can imagine that others will gladly pass on Quicksilver because he won't win PvP matches. We can all pick and choose.

I'll concede this: what I do doesn't matter as much as what the whales (bigger than me) do. So, if the current pace drives down Stark Salary sales, maybe this release rate will never happen again. But then again, if overall sales go up...

I don't always like what the Devs do either (not every change benefits me), but I'm confident that they are always minding the bottom line.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can almost promise you this pace is not going to be the norm, however, this might happen in the future again (especially in the summer months).

Extras to follow the summer blockbusters, extras for the anniversary, extras for xmas season... sounds like it'll be fun and games all year to me, really?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least when they did all the releases for the anniversary, they added the Anniversary Lightning Rounds. Why can't they do something like that this time around?