Modify Character Release Rates, or Essentials/Roster Prices

I do not understand why D3 insists on releasing so many new characters (3 Characters in 3 events is just plain stupid) when many existing characters need to be reworked.... if this is the way it is going to be, then something needs to change.

Paying 850 hp for a roster slot for Khamela, followed by 850hp for King Pin less than a week later, and then followed by 900hp for a roster slot for Quick Silver in the next event is ridiculous.

Already 4 people in my alliance have quick due to the rate new characters being released, and I'm sure that is not an isolated incident.

Overall Marvel Puzzle Quest is a fun game, and I support it by buying HP. That being said it is unreasonable to expect people to spend $40/month on Roster spots.

D3 needs to either:
A. Throttle back on new character releases (and possibly focus on existing chars that are under utilized due to being weak/having bad powers/having only 2 abilities)
B. Greatly reduce the cost of roster spots
C. Rework "essential" nodes so that players don't need to keep characters that they don't like, to avoid being shut out of essential nodes
D. <Insert Suggestions Here>

Comments

• PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I have my suspicions that in this case there is pressure from Marvel to have Kingpin before Daredevil and Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Ultron before Avengers 2 are released.
  • If that was the case, give everyone 4 free roster slots and be done with it. All their silence is doing, is making loyal players get fed up and quit. It doesn't have to be this way,... MPQ can be incredibly fun, but at evey turn D3 seems to make the game less enjoyable and more tedious.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with you. At this rate I'll be spending more on roster slots than I will be on shields and boosts soon.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I'm with you. At this rate I'll be spending more on roster slots than I will be on shields and boosts soon.

In the last 2 weeks I have already spent more on roster slots that shields. Depending on the PVP events (and the 1k reward offered in them) That could wind up being true for the next 10 days again.

I was t10 in 2/3 subs, t5 overall, and in a top alliance. All told that still only won me <50% of the HP I was going to need for the roster slot for the character. I miss the character launch events where HP awards were a little more plentiful - if HP awards were both larger and more frequent during a character launch event this might not be so bad.

Here's an idea, drop HP at a rate such that players who get 3 covers for the new character have >50% of the HP cost for the slot covered by prizes. (How about >75%... dare I even say 'offer a prize closer to ~100%'?)
    How about:
    1-cover prize tier - include 50% of roster slot as part of the prize
    2-cover prize tier - include 75%
    3-cover prize tier - include 100%
    This can be accomplished by: adding a button to the 'recruit character' screen that allows us to open a discounted slot. or just push an HP award to the player.

If this is too rich, how about 25%/50%/75%... and reserve the 100% discounted roster prize for the #1 finisher.