which new character to focus on?

TheHueyFreeman
TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I've taken a break lately (since Gamora), mainly jumping into the daily deadpools and want to know which new character to focus on going forward. I've got about 200k iso and my t4or lost some of her blue luster.

I'm guessing based on a quick view that Iron fist, Ms. Kahn, and professor X are the ones to go for.

Comments

• thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    certainly iron fist, luke cage and cyclops are strong for the newer released characters. im not sure about KK, seems a bit squishy. cant comment on prof x since 4*s for me are not a priority.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Just maxed my Luke cage. 553 used hp for the last red. Tried climbing with him and got a lot farther with less healthpack.png . Also seemed like a deterrent also got a 31 point defensive win with my 180 551 xforce as a partner. Would recommend.
  • Another vote for Luke Cage. 5 in red will mitigate all kinds of damage. Iron Fist would be a close second choice.

easy...marc
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    thanos8587 wrote:
    certainly iron fist, luke cage and cyclops are strong for the newer released characters. im not sure about KK, seems a bit squishy. cant comment on prof x since 4*s for me are not a priority.

Agreed here on the 3*s listed. Prof X is worth it from what I've seen but you'd have to drop some serious cash if you want to use him sometime soon. I'd level Cage first, then IF, then cyclops, then KK and then work on prof x once you have 10+ covers for him.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    RWTDBurn wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:

Agreed here on the 3*s listed. Prof X is worth it from what I've seen but you'd have to drop some serious cash if you want to use him sometime soon. I'd level Cage first, then IF, then cyclops, then KK and then work on prof x once you have 10+ covers for him.

By the time he maxes Cage, IF, cyclops, then KK (I really don't think she will be worth the effort in the long run) and they Prof X, we will have had another 10 3star and 2 more 4 star characters released unless he is putting some serious money in. I think Cyclops is fun, but not sustainable. This game is all about the true healers and people who finish the game quickly like IF or negate damage like Cage. After that its anyone with massive HP or massive AoE damage. I would much rather have 2k damage to multiple enemies than 4-5k damage to one when their HP is already down to 2-3k by the time you get to fire an ability.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I agree that cage/fist/cyck are the priorities to obtain/level. these three characters are VERY good and adaptable to various styles of play. Kamala is an interesting character because of her passive yellow heal ability; HOWEVER, her purple is the most important ability if you use a green damage team (i.e. xf or lthor); she won a few matches for me w/ her purple feeding into my xf green.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    I agree that cage/fist/cyck are the priorities to obtain/level. these three characters are VERY good and adaptable to various styles of play. Kamala is an interesting character because of her passive yellow heal ability; HOWEVER, her purple is the most important ability if you use a green damage team (i.e. xf or lthor); she won a few matches for me w/ her purple feeding into my xf green.

For the record, Kamala's Green at Rank 5 deals higher AoE Damage than LThor's Green at Rank 5. So I wouldn't recommend using Kamala just to fuel Call the Storm. She can still partner fairly well with Wolverine - fast abilities really make the most out of her Yellow, and X-Force is a cheap enough ability that Kamala can help accelerate with her Purple.

Also throwing out another vote for Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Probably Cyclops too, although I don't have him covered/leveled as much as the other two.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Interesting.

So the meta has changed enough to allow defensive minded characters to shine.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Interesting.

So the meta has changed enough to allow defensive minded characters to shine.
    Not Exactly, it's more-so offensive characters with a good defensive ability in order to deter or slow games like mad.