Should D3 Kill Seasons?

2»

Comments

• RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    djsquillz wrote:
    I've got a better suggestion of what D3 can kill...

marc

What?!? Who is the Marc fellow and why would you want D3 to kill him?!? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seasons are one of the things that makes PvP feel worth it. The extra progression rewards, the building of scores toward an end goal. It's most evident in the two events where there's no season score, nobody cares unless it's one of the rare spots where a new character is offered (like Fist was).

The rewards in Sim need to be updated, and there should be a larger reward for alliances that slugged it out for 30 days. But the seasons themselves are one of the few appealing things (to me) in the game.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I like seasons too because I really like 10 packs (I had 9 3*s and 1 4* in last season's packs!), but if it came down to additional 4*s in the progression/placement awards or 10 packs, I'll take the covers.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    how about Killing seasons totally BUT making a new reward system.

your score will always be adding up everytime you play a PVP

Every 1000 pts you get you can trade them in for 25 HP
    every 2000 pts you can trade them in for XXX ISO
    Every 4000 pts you get you can trade them in for 10 pack.

this way it would help out the newbies as well cause Yes VETS would still be getting more 10 packs but at least if a newbie could hit 2000 pts in a season now they would be able to get a 10 pack every 2 months.
  • RWTDBurn wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    I've got a better suggestion of what D3 can kill...

marc

What?!? Who is the Marc fellow and why would you want D3 to kill him?!? icon_e_surprised.gif

You can't trust anything when that DJSquiggles guy is around. icon_e_wink.gif

marc
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I don't think they necessarily need to kill seasons to improve things in the way you're looking for. All they need to do is run season-crediting and non-season-crediting PvP events simultaneously (and get rid of the simulator). Keep the "season" events unbuffed, with high-end rewards in both the individual rank/progression awards and the seasonal awards. Put all the transitional awards in the non-season events, with buffing and unbuffing and equalizing and all the bells and whistles. Significantly lower the rank/progression tiers in those events -- so, e.g., instead of having a 3* cover at 800, put it at 400. And cap both events at 24 hours -- and have them be mutually exclusive. (So if you decide to play in the season event, you're locked out of that day's non-season event, and vice versa.) Sharding can remain, and you can just run the event three times in a row to keep the same multi-day length of current PvP events.

That way, there's still an incentive to build and max a high-end roster -- as it's the only way you'll be competitive in the season events -- but additional incentives for transitioners/newbies to participate in PvP, and safeguards to keep the elite players from overwhelming the rewards intended for transitioners and newbies.

tl;dr multitrack PvP.