Let's really make it fair demiurge team

If you really want to make pvp fair then split is into two groups and change the progression rewards but keeping the placement rewards the same. Pairing up 2* transition rosters with 2* transition rosters players and advance rosters with advance roster players. Focus on all your players not just on the ones joining and stop over looking your vets.

2* transition player rewards
25 standard token
50 100 ISO
75 stock pile
125 2* cover
200 heroic token
275 25 hp
300 500 ISO
375 25 hp
425 heroic token
500 500 ISO
575 health pack
650 75 hp
725 1000 ISO
800 3* cover
Since before the 2* transition players rarely reached the 900 point and above the ISO rewards have been broken down and the extra heroic taken out.

As for the advance roster rewards double all the rewards 2x the ISO 2x the hp throw in a health pack reward and the 3* cover in the middle and the 4* cover reward at 800 points.
Reward change for advance rosters pvp
25 heroic token (advance roster players don't really need the standard recruit token)
50 500 ISO
75 stock pile
125 2* cover, change to heroic token(again no need for that)
200 50 hp
275 2000 ISO
300 50 hp
375 heroic token
425 100 hp
500 3* cover
575 2000 ISO
650 health pack
725 2000 ISO
800 4* cover

I think this would be really fair since the advance roster players need more ISO and hp than the 2* transition players, also this type of change into the reward system would encourage 2* transition players to advance their roster in order to go after that higher rewards in the future. Also it'll help the 2* transition players to practice and learn strategies before going into the big leagues.

So let's really make this fair for the sake of the enjoyment and your player base.

Comments

• If anyone has any objections or other ideas that'll help all of us they are always welcome but please try to be fair.
  • Probably the rewards for the advanced event should be reevaluated. 100 HP, 2500 iso and 2 heroic tokens just for reaching 300 points? anyone with a half-decent 2* roster would be trying to get that, possibly waiting for a late entry to aim at the placement rewards too. Unless you make an additional entry requirement (days played, overall roster level...).

A health pack at 650 isn't going to work. Lower it could, but still it could be problematic. While for the 2*rosters those would be a huge gift, for a 3*-4* transitioner those are 3 "free" health packs per week, it's not that hard to imagine people with tens or hundreds of stockpiled health packs (there are already now people like that)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    In this scenario,if the 'transition' event is awarding Black Panther black (which I desperately want/need), and the 'advanced' bracket is awarding XForce and Hulk (characters I have max covered), you can guess which event I'm going to want to join.

It works in theory, but any system like this where you're locking out a portion of the player base is going to lead to frustrations, simply because 'transition' can be vague. Are the guys out there who bought-maxed XForce/4Thor and have nothing else above 100 in the transition? Are players with every character max covered but not leveled about 94 in the transition?

I actually think the changes in PvP will already make it 'fair' for transitioners. If they're truly able to dodge the swarm of 166 teams thanks to matchmaking changes, then 800 (the 3* cover point) should be attainable with shielding, and if nothing else the 2 tokens certainly are. No, tokens aren't a guarantee, but with the odds up to around 21.7%, they'll add up over time.
  • Kappei wrote:
    Probably the rewards for the advanced event should be reevaluated. 100 HP, 2500 iso and 2 heroic tokens just for reaching 300 points? anyone with a half-decent 2* roster would be trying to get that, possibly waiting for a late entry to aim at the placement rewards too. Unless you make an additional entry requirement (days played, overall roster level...).

A health pack at 650 isn't going to work. Lower it could, but still it could be problematic. While for the 2*rosters those would be a huge gift, for a 3*-4* transitioner those are 3 "free" health packs per week, it's not that hard to imagine people with tens or hundreds of stockpiled health packs (there are already now people like that)

Players would automatically be put in the transition pvp event or the advance pvp event depending on the side or level of their roster. For example a player with at least 3 166 or a single fully leveled 4* would be in the advance pvp event. Or the way they had the MMR work during heavy metal.

And yeah I thought about weather to add a health pack as a reward but again during the im40 event I ran out of health packs at around 500 points and was using my b roster. It could be replaced with more ISO or something else or maybe put it some where around the 500 point mark. Anyways players would still have to shield hop cause I don't think anyone would be able to hit 800 in one push if we hit the wall right after the seed teams.
  • In this scenario,if the 'transition' event is awarding Black Panther black (which I desperately want/need), and the 'advanced' bracket is awarding XForce and Hulk (characters I have max covered), you can guess which event I'm going to want to join.

It works in theory, but any system like this where you're locking out a portion of the player base is going to lead to frustrations, simply because 'transition' can be vague. Are the guys out there who bought-maxed XForce/4Thor and have nothing else above 100 in the transition? Are players with every character max covered but not leveled about 94 in the transition?

I actually think the changes in PvP will already make it 'fair' for transitioners. If they're truly able to dodge the swarm of 166 teams thanks to matchmaking changes, then 800 (the 3* cover point) should be attainable with shielding, and if nothing else the 2 tokens certainly are. No, tokens aren't a guarantee, but with the odds up to around 21.7%, they'll add up over time.[/quo.

No one will be locked out of anything, pvps would run as usual and with the same award structure. If transition players battle it out for Bp covers then so will advance players and the 3* progression reward would be the same for both (realms)pvps. There wouldn't be two pvps to choose from the only choice that there would be is the time the pvp ends. So as soon as a player enters the event, depending on he's roster level he would automatically be place either in the 2* transition (realm) or the advance roster (realm). The covers of the heroes won't matter either only the Lv will matter so if the player wants more hp or ISO than he would have to level up he's roster in order to enter the advance pvp.

It was very hard to obtain the 4* progression reward during heavy metal pvp and this made the easier 3* to 4* transition that the devs promised a lie. So if the vets are gonna be hitting the wall sooner it's only fair to make the 4* progression reward more reachable.
  • The changes aren't about fairness, they're about appeasing the players that spend more money.