How hardcore are you?

This is mainly for funny/war stories over MPQ. I started pretty casual, but lately I think I've gotten really addicted. Last night/ this morning I had a heck of a time beating the Big Enchilada. I think I tried 4 times after work rotating between Thormneto and Ares/Dak/OBW. I got fed up and went to bed at midnight. I had trouble sleeping, then around 4AM I got up and tried another 3 times (just before the new DDQ came in) and finally beat DDQ using thormneto. All this just for a blueflag.png Dr. Doom cover. icon_redface.gif I must be nuts.

Let's hear from some of you especially the vets.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did the 2.5 hr refresh timers for 1st place in Nick Fury and 4hor's PvE events. Was realistically 2-4 hour naps over the course of 4 days if I recall.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    My boss is convinced I have a fairly serious issue with my digestive system as I take frequent bathroom breaks. He's too shy to say anything though.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    My boss is convinced I have a fairly serious issue with my digestive system as I take frequent bathroom breaks. He's too shy to say anything though.

There's a Legend of Jamie Madrox quip there somewhere. Just give me a minute.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

I guess since I'm not quitting yet I can unlock the thread....
  • After getting bored with how soft MPQ has gotten with all the changes for the whiners, I decided to make it a little more challenging: now if a character dies in a match, I sell him, gamble all the ISO on standard tokens and start over from scratch.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Moon Roach wrote:

What's the holdup? You stuck?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    ~530 days played, but I don't spend $$. I don't usually do PVE since it takes too much grinding to chance a top 50 response. I guess I'm skinemax-grade into the game. I go through all the motions, but you don't see me hot-and-sweaty like whales. The wallet stays shut.

I've got skin in the game, eg a lot of maxed 3*, but the important ones are mostly uncovered / underleveled.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    ronin-san wrote:
    ~530 days played, but I don't spend $$. I don't usually do PVE since it takes too much grinding to chance a top 50 response. I guess I'm skinemax-grade into the game. I go through all the motions, but you don't see me hot-and-sweaty like whales. The wallet stays shut.

I've got skin in the game, eg a lot of maxed 3*, but the important ones are mostly uncovered / underleveled.

more or less the same here, I'm on day 504. got a decently deep roster but haven't invested real cash in over a year. used to only play PVE for progression, since placement was way too much hassle with the fixed ending times..nowadays I usualy play fro top 150 if there's a cover I want.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:

What's the holdup? You stuck?

That's what his boss said...
  • I've pulled over to the side of the road to play. I also considered playing in making the decision to go to working nights.