D3 needs to change Pve

Options
iLL619
iLL619 Posts: 170
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
D3 you Nerf our characters but not scaling huh!?! My roster isn't 166 but I'm fighting lvl 320+ in Scotland yard deadly node?! Spamming sniper tiles you can't counter, one shot characters like Hulk Groot etc.. Unfair.. I have won once using obw hulk 2*cap cuz of lucky board I guess and lost the rest. Now before you saying well you won once!! The scaling is still way too high. Pve is another PvP basically us competing against each other for prize, why not achieve a score and you win rewards, why compete? PvP is for competition.. OK well why not make another pve mode where you achieve set amount of score you win rewards no competing against other alliances if you leave these crazy lvl nodes like this

I kno this is how y'all make money yata yata etc.. I've spent money early on and I know others too but y'all need to make changes or else many people may get frustrated and leave this game for good. I'm in top 15-20 pve alliance I'm no noob but you all can agree scaling in pve is outta hand.

Comments

• M1Lance
    M1Lance Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D3 needs to change the fact that PVE is really just as ultra-grindy PVP disguised as PVE. The main reason I stopped playing competitively is the time to reward ratio that PVE gives. The only events that are truly PVE right now other than the Prologue are DDQ and the gauntlet. PVE events need to be overhauled so that covers are rewarded only on a progression based structure. Would save players time and tremendously increase satisfaction.
  • And they know how to do it, they have the gauntlet. They just need to build off it and be creative.
  • Until yesterday I thought that you guys are just whining about scalling. I'm playing for about 380 days (but since start of the year regularly) and it was not so bad. But yesterday... My most leveled character is Doom at 115 now. Most characters are 2* at 94, and I'm using 2* on PVE for now. But I had to fight with goons on 339 level (don't count several 200+ fights). I don't think it works as expected. Just... no. Not fun in any way. I'm ok with more difficult fights in later stages of the event, but it should be doable with the roster. This is mission impossible (ok, I won this fight but I had great board with a lot of blue and red so Cap could start with throwing shields). One of the previous nodes with little less then 300 goons was really fast, as I was not so lucky and lost in maybe 6 turns (sniper can one shot every of my characters - actually problably he could one shot two of them at once with damage dealt).
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yup. And/or at least make these crazy stupid fights one-time nodes. The last fight with hood/mags is 254 for me now--with my 94 roster and the boosted chars--and of course can't use mags. Only way to win os to have an extremely lucky board. That's it. I have tried boosting everything, but hood just steals it. Tried obw, but purple non-existant on board and/or stolen. Invisibility? Usually no purple, and mags is good with shaking the board.

And talk about luck? I don't know if this node has the code programmed differenly, but once whil invis, the AI just got countless match 4s, 5s, and L's it didn't see. I never received one. Oh lord, and the coercive field...nerf please lol
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    And they know how to do it, they have the gauntlet. They just need to build off it and be creative.
    Yep. I think the gauntlet is the most fair pve. It is all about your ability to pass, not about grinding nodes 100 times. And it still can be a challenge. I'm still building a 3 star roster, and I can't get the third screen cleared. But, the second screen reward doesn't make me feel like I've wasted my time, unlike the current mess with Kingpin.

Also, whatever happened to those old events where everyone contributed to a global counter for a prize, like when they released Hulk?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the global counter is something I'd like to see return. Wave fights are cool. Ninjas can DIAF.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,207 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    And they know how to do it, they have the gauntlet. They just need to build off it and be creative.
    Yep. I think the gauntlet is the most fair pve. It is all about your ability to pass, not about grinding nodes 100 times. And it still can be a challenge. I'm still building a 3 star roster, and I can't get the third screen cleared. But, the second screen reward doesn't make me feel like I've wasted my time, unlike the current mess with Kingpin.

Also, whatever happened to those old events where everyone contributed to a global counter for a prize, like when they released Hulk?

if they took the PVE away and put the Gaunlet in its place the game would fold up in 3 months, maybe 6 if they were lucky