PVE progress consitancy

warcin
warcin Posts: 118
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Please work on at least trying to make the points needed for PVE progression rewards consistent. For example ISO brotherhood top performs ended the event with 3-4 times or more the number of points needed for the top progression reward but for the current one only a very small percentage of people are even going to be able to make the top level. If I would have known how much grinding I would need just to get the progression rewards for this event I woulds not have even started it

Comments

• thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    yes there is certainly something odd with this events progression awards. with 10 hrs left in scotland yard sub the leader in my bracket is at 59K. im at 47K rank 58 atm. thats WITH the essential and ive done pretty much all my 8 hour clears over 5 days. the progression award in this event for anyone without the essential seems like unbelievable grind and i congratulate anyone who accomplishes it. as it stands i wont get the progression award until the final day of a 6+ day event, something i would ordinarily never see even in events where i didnt have the essential.

i hope we get some word from d3 as to why this particular event was chosen to put the progression awards at such relatively high levels in comparison to all the other pves where progression was obtainable 60-70% through the event with moderate effort and without the essential.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Agreed.

I was looking at the top alliances last night and not a single player had actually hit the final progression reward! That's from the top 10 PVE alliances in the game. Something is wrong with that, they messed up the progression on this one really hard.

Maybe they just don't want people to have Kamala!

icon_e_smile.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I agree there should be some consistency, but I actually prefer it this way to the last few. Getting the final progression reward on like day 2 of a 7 day event just makes the horrible grind of the next 5 days that much more pronounced. At least this way you get to see that little progress bar fill up a little bit every time you take down a level 313 Ares. Its not much, but at least its something...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I agree there should be some consistency, but I actually prefer it this way to the last few. Getting the final progression reward on like day 2 of a 7 day event just makes the horrible grind of the next 5 days that much more pronounced. At least this way you get to see that little progress bar fill up a little bit every time you take down a level 313 Ares. Its not much, but at least its something...
    is there no happy medium? can we not hit progression reasonably on day 4 with essentials and day 6 without?
  • It's clear that they need to become more consistent. I would prefer a happy middle also but my biggest complaint is the lack of any reward after the 3 star. I understand logic dictates that the final prize should be final HOWEVER... Scoring multiple times the required points with no reward of any sort is insulting at worst and aggravating at best... I know I've complained about the massive 20 ISO victories but we don't even get that here....