screen rotation

I would like to humbly request that a GUI is built that will rotate on phones and tablets. I am a long time player of the game that is starting to see burn in where the circles are that contain the characters symbols.

The device I am speaking of is a Galaxy Note 3.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hikari2121 wrote:
    I would like to humbly request that a GUI is built that will rotate on phones and tablets. I am a long time player of the game that is starting to see burn in where the circles are that contain the characters symbols.

The device I am speaking of is a Galaxy Note 3.

It will never happen. It's been suggested many times over the past year or more, and when there's been a response from the devs it's that it's too hard. I'd love it to be landscape on my tablet, the landscape Steam version looks so much better.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    From what I've read they'd basically have to recode the game from scratch.
  • From what I've read they'd basically have to recode the game from scratch.

I'm ok with that.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Barring the recode mention; which is likely the case...

The core game board is an 8x8 square of tiles, so rotation there seems like it could be possible. The game board fills the center of the landscape orientation and the teams are given room on either side for portraits and possibly a way to show AP levels and/or power availability. Elements of the Steam UI could be repurposed so some of the resource files could be re-used.