Thoughts on the future

Options
I was thinking with all the new characters incoming, and the future of MPQ afterwards.

Spoilers, duh.
Couple thoughts:
Could we ever see a 5* character?
Just a thought because the current 4* characters aren't exactly level with the likes of Galactus or Thanos.

Could we ever see a character with 4 or more powers? Or even multiple powers on the same color? (like a passive and an active, not just an active-passive)
Thinking it would be a way to distinguish higher level characters beyond the current 4* in the game

IF the new event does happen, could we see more like it?
In a sense would there be more events with alliance-wide cooperation since the extent of what exists in game now is just avoiding attacking each other and bonus rewards. And could it possibly bleed into pvp? Would there ever be an off-season event where an alliance-wide "war" happens so an alliance vs. alliance tournament? Don't know how the logistics would work out, but I am just thinking here.

What other crazy things that could happen can you guys think of?
As always, your additional thoughts are always appreciated

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think your post needs spoiler tags, because other than alluding to an upcoming event (which people are discussing pretty openly in the other thread), it's pure speculation. Personally, the thought of 5* characters just makes me feel tired. Like most online games, this one will either die abruptly with no announcement, or it will die a long, sad, lingering death. If it's the later, that death will be the implementation of lots of 5* characters with about eleven whales still paying money to get them.

As for alliance v alliance stuff etc. . . come on, this game is still rerunning the same ten PvE events every two months. They're more interested in throwing new characters at us than giving us interesting things to do with them.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FlameSword wrote:
    Could we ever see a character with 4 or more powers? Or even multiple powers on the same color? (like a passive and an active, not just an active-passive)

I've long thought that a character with 2 active powers of the same colour, one cheap and one expensive, would be interesting. This may be difficult with the current way in which a character's powers are assigned, I'm not entirely sure.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    FlameSword wrote:

I've long thought that a character with 2 active powers of the same colour, one cheap and one expensive, would be interesting. This may be difficult with the current way in which a character's powers are assigned, I'm not entirely sure.

Ares Onslaught works on this type of principle already. Any ability could very easily be set to have a higher damage variant at set thresholds.