An opportunity for the Devs

The new MMR clearly wants people to fight people close to their own strength. I am not complaining about that, it makes logical sense even if it is a rude awakening and makes me have to work considerably harder to match past performance.

The opportunity is this, break events into tiers. If a player is going to fight 166-270 teams all the way up the climb give them a new ladder. In hard mode Make the placement awards 4* rewards instead of 3*. Extend a 3* consolation prize down to the top 200-250. I have mentioned this idea in other posts and there is a ton of potential in this plan, and can be customized to meet the players needs but d3/demiurge's as well.

Normal mode will become that much softer if the top players go chasing Hardmode rewards which is good for transitioners.
The top players can get more meaningful rewards, which is good for veterans.
All players are given some level of choice which is good for everyone.

If the data really shows that the new MMR is better for the game as a whole, then keep it, and add in a second tier of play with challenge and reward worthy of the best players and you all can walk away heroes instead of villains. It could be a win, win, win. Please make this happen.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    FYI, it seems the kinks in the new MMR have been worked out, as far as the Kamala event is concerned. So now it's same old, same old.