Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have not found a definative answer to this question;
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Are people actually hoarding tacos? I've gotten 1,000hpx2 and 250hpx2 from mine so far. I'm not a whale, and I need as many pots of golds from tacos as possible. Not gonna wait to open mine! Of course, I'm also saving 700 standard tokens and 30 heroic tokens; so who am I to talk? icon_lol.gif
  • Tacos from odd cycles (Round 1, 3, 5, ...) that are in the stockpile are currently the last odd number (the previous cycle) and will become next cycle when it goes live (or possibly ten minutes earlier).

Tacos from even cycles (Round 2,4,6, ...) that are in the stockpile are currently the last even number (the previous cycle) and will become next cycle when it goes live (or possibly ten minutes earlier).

Basically, what's in the stockpile currently draws last round's and will turn into next round's when it goes live

Yes, I know I'm using cycle and round interchangably.
  • Hendross
    I started to save them since I had all 5 featured characters maxed, assuming they would be valid on the next set, but since they are moved to "Stockpiled" there is no odds cheat sheet associated with them
  • puppychow wrote:
    Are people actually hoarding tacos? I've gotten 1,000hpx2 and 250hpx2 from mine so far. I'm not a whale, and I need as many pots of golds from tacos as possible. Not gonna wait to open mine! Of course, I'm also saving 700 standard tokens and 30 heroic tokens; so who am I to talk? icon_lol.gif

People who don't need any of the covers from a given week are generally saving those tokens until someone they need is in the mix.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Tacos from odd cycles (Round 1, 3, 5, ...) that are in the stockpile are currently the last odd number (the previous cycle) and will become next cycle when it goes live (or possibly ten minutes earlier).

Tacos from even cycles (Round 2,4,6, ...) that are in the stockpile are currently the last even number (the previous cycle) and will become next cycle when it goes live (or possibly ten minutes earlier).

Basically, what's in the stockpile currently draws last round's and will turn into next round's when it goes live

This is my understanding. (I wanted to say "He clobbered it," but I haven't personally tested.) Maybe you could add "What Ben said" to the poll?
  • Hendross
    edited April 2015
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Tacos from odd cycles (Round 1, 3, 5, ...) that are in the stockpile are currently the last odd number (the previous cycle) and will become next cycle when it goes live (or possibly ten minutes earlier).

Let me see if I got this right

Current
    Stockpile
    Week Characters Characters
    A,B,C,D,E----n/a
    V,W,X,Y,Z----n/a
    F,G,H,I,J
    (w1)A,B,C,D,E
    Q,R,S,T,U----(w2)V,W,X,Y,Z
    K,L,M,N,O----(w3)F,G,H,I,J

Now, where can i find a list of the previous 2 weeks?
  • Spider_Jerusalem
    Spider_Jerusalem Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Yes, this. I've been doing it myself but only to find that no matter what cycle I open them, a 2-star Ms. Marvel is still a 2-star Ms. Marvel.
  • Hendross wrote:

Current
    Stockpile
    A,B,C,D,E----n/a
    V,W,X,Y,Z----n/a
    F,G,H,I,J
    (w1)A,B,C,D,E

Not quite. If you keep your week 1 tokens, during week 2, the week 1 tokens will still be in the stockpile, and still have the week 1 prizes.
    During week 3, the tokens in the stockpile will be the week 2 tokens, and still draw week 2 prizes. The tokens from week 1 will move into the current pile, and draw week three prizes.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Current
    Stockpile
    A,B,C,D,E----n/a
    V,W,X,Y,Z----n/a
    F,G,H,I,J
    (w1)A,B,C,D,E

Not quite. Lets say you don't open any tokens from the beginning. At the end of each cycle:

Week 1 active ABCDE (10 available)
    Week 2 active VWXYZ (10 available) - stockpile ABCDE (10 available)
    Week 3 active FGHIJ (20 available) - stockpile VWXYZ (10 available)
    Week 4 active QRSTU (20 available) - Stockpile FGHIJ (20 available)

etc....
  • Hendross
    got it, so if you want to use your stockpile on the current cycle you need to wait till the next cycle
  • You could also look at it as if there were two stockpiles; this round's stockpile and last round's stockpile. Save the tokens and they will be good for the characters in this round or last round.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    icon_neutral.gif
    Why the heck is this so complicated!?
    icon_redface.gif
    But I thinks I got it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    See here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

I've laid out which tokens pull what for this week, and all upcoming weeks (until they add the new characters and it messes my rotations up). It also has all upcoming rewards.

Ben Grimm has been updating folks as here, along with GrimSkald, Kamuuu- when I have been asking around. D3 - it would be really nice if you just updated the stockpiled tokens with a little "?" and draw rates on them every week, I think I've seen this topic here five times now.
  • Hendross wrote:
    got it, so if you want to use your stockpile on the current cycle you need to wait till the next cycle

Odd tokens never turn into even tokens and vice versa. If you have stockpiled tokens, they won't turn into the current week's cycle. Ever. They will turn into next week's tokens.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Hendross wrote:

Odd tokens never turn into even tokens and vice versa. If you have stockpiled tokens, they won't turn into the current week's cycle. Ever. They will turn into next week's tokens.

This. I've hoarded every taco, ever (96 as of today). Why I made the list (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817) is to try to figure out when I could use them to draw IF.

Let's say IF gets added next week (week 11, an odd week), I have 100 tokens and I'll get ten more next week. So I have 110 tokens: 60 active and 50 stockpiled. I will use the 60 active to try to get IF next week: but the following week the "active" will have a new draw rate (week 12, even week) and the "stockpiled" will keep the IF draw rate (still week 11, odd week). Now I would have 50 active (the old stockpile with new draw rates), and 0 stockpiled.

The only way to try IF again is if in the next rotation he slips to an even week on the following (3rd?) cover reward.