TaT progression - still achievable with 26k atm?

Platzy
Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I have just completed my first clear of New Scotland Yard with 1d 18h left in the subevent and 2d18h to go in total.
At the moment I sit at 26299 total points (#73 in my bracket). I couldn't care less about pushing for Top50 (as a beginning 3* transitioner another blue Daredevil will actually do me more good than a lone 4* collecting dust on the shelf), but I'd really like to get the green Kamala prgression cover. I have her from the last event, so I can clear the essentials and after a bit of lull in the first subevent I think I didn't do half bad in the second.
I am wondering though whether it is still reasonably doable to get that with the time left and not even having 50% of the points yet. I expect to find time for another 3-4 clears in this sub and some grinding down of the essentials toward the end (real life, sleep and work take priority for me over optimal timing). I might want to give the non-essential "hard" nodes a pass, depending on how masochistic I feel.
So, my question would be, how much are the rewards expected to increase towards the end? And do you think it is still possible to get the progression cover without subordinating my real life to the schedule of this event?

Don't get me wrong: I am happy to put in an effort when the expected return is proportionate to the effort - but I consider myself enough on the casual side of the spectrum to just let it go when it's not worth it. At the moment, it appears to me that this might turn out ot be a case of the latter, but I'd like to check with the more experienced users before giving up on the event...

Comments

• I feel like it's always like this with the events for me too. Halfway through I'm wondering how I'll possibly get enough points to hit that last cover and then by the final day I can relax as it's within striking distance. I think you'll be okay!

Good luck!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    usually, the point values increase in the later subs. So keep plugging away, and keep your fingers crossed!
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    im at 35k and rank 80 overall. ill do two more clears today (8k or thereabouts) putting me at 43k. ill do three clears before sub closes tomorrow (another 10k) putting me around 53k. i figure ill hit 65k on the last day.

so with the essential and almost full clears (no excessive grinding) ill barely get it and a top 100+/- finish. they really cut this one close for some reason.

good luck to everyone without kk. it looks to me like youll need to grind those nodes to zero to get her. really strange how and why d3 is doing this. with my relaxed play and 51-150 finish id normally be 2-2.5x final progression score.
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    The last sub has a lot of nodes and a lot of points if memory serves. I think it is doable for you, but, probably not a walk in the park as the last sub also has some brutal matches.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Don't quote me on this ( icon_e_smile.gif ) but I think if you can clear the subevents at least twice (at full points), you should be okay reaching the progression max.

It's only a huge challenge if you don't have the featured (which you do). Then... you need to grind the heck out of everything to get to that max progression. Featured char nodes are disproportionately rewarding....
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    This is stark contrast to the last few 4* launch events; where 2.5-3x progression was the team average for the 4* cover, and you saw people scoring 4x+ top progression. (In those events top progression was getting hit halfway, or 2nd day... craziness.)

There are several nodes on the main map and the points for nodes will be higher than previous subs (as is typical). Some of them are big bags of hurt (cMags/Hood), but others are just big-point, goon-y goodness (Coffee Break).

They have said that they want top progression to be an achievable target; so I am going to keep assuming that its reachable until I fall short. The last time top progression was hard to find the forum had kittens. They set the bar at a reachable level because they hate getting inundated with flame mail.
  • There are roughly 40K total possible points in Scotland Yard but if you're asking the question you're also nowhere close to getting that full 60K.

Most people won't come close to hitting 65K unless the final sub is worth way more than expected. Right now the progression of points per sub went something like 2000 -> 2300 -> 4200 and is quite inconsistent with any previous event (first jump too small, second jump too big). I'd say you need about 50K by the time Scotland Yard is done at your pace, and this is ignoring the fact that not everyone can even beat every node in the final sub, which can get quite hard.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    It does seem like they just plugged in the progression totals from the last time this event was run (with 3 hr refreshes) and added 4K to the top score.
    I don't know if this was intentional or an oversight.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    With my current score of 30k with more than half progression remaining to reach KK, I decided to look back at the last time Thick of Thieves was ran.

It was back in January, which I believe was before they switched to 8hr refreshs. The final progression reward was for 3* Thor at 60,000 (see below). I remember I barely reached it! I thought they lowered the progression to accommodate the 8hr refresh but maybe they overlooked this?

400. Standard Token
    700. 100 iso8.png
    1000. +20% Damage All redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    1500. 250 iso8.png
    2000. healthpack.png
    3000. 2* icon_captainamerica.pngyellowflag.png
    5000. +1 All AP yellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png
    10000. 250 iso8.png
    15000. 2* icon_hawkeye.pngpurpleflag.png
    25000. Recruit Token
    30000. 250 iso8.png
    35000. 2* icon_storm.pngyellowflag.png
    40000. 1000 iso8.png
    45000. 50 imcoin.png
    50000. 500 iso8.png
    60000. icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    If you read the thread a little, it does look like this one was 3 hours. One of the first post is someone taunting the naysayers to see if they were happy that this event was back to 3 hour timers.
    I think they ran the first 8 hour test on the event before this.
  • I'm sure at least a couple of those final nodes will be upwards of 1000 points.