Aaaasnd Kamala disapears

Ok so this morning got a thick as thieves token. Opened it, great a Kamala cover. I bought a roster spot and added her to it. Figured i'd hit the PVE again in the evening. Opened up the game just now, no Kamala, and the token was "Unopened". Opened the token once again and got an OBW cover! What happened? Is this a glitch unique only to me?
I won't be able to finish the final progressions without the essentials. Worth contacting D3?

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    D3 support is very helpful and I would certainly contact them if I had a character disappear.
  • Spiritclaw wrote:
    D3 support is very helpful and I would certainly contact them if I had a character disappear.
    Very helpful. I'm sure he'll have his cover a month after they return from vacation.
  • some else also reported a bug similar to yours.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've had a similar-ish "issue" where I use a cover to level up a character (can't remember whom), but then quitting the game and after coming back to the game, the cover was back in the unused list and it didn't look like it was used at all. I guess the server didn't register the action as having been done. Thankfully it was nowhere as bad as losing a rare cover but there does seem to be a server issue sometimes when managing your roster slots.
  • Same thing happened tome yesterday, but with a 4* Prof X cover. Then reopened the 'new' token...and got Ares. Totally gutted.

Have reported this, but with it being Easter, had no reply so far. Fingers crossed this gets solved. Sad it happened to you, but makes me feel better that I am not alone...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    This happens often, especially if you usually play in a bad reception area......like me.
  • D3P2K5
    D3P2K5 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    This issue is actually quite common. You need to report it and they will give you back the cover. The problem occurs often if the game state did not properly sync back to the servers and later on when you relaunch the game it will request a server copy of the game state thereby overwriting your copy of it with an older one. This can happen in bad reception areas and I've seen it happen in good reception areas where if you have the game on two different devices and switch between the two. To avoid this problem, one trick is to force a sync with the server by looking at any leaderboard. If you're with an alliance, have a look at the alliance leaderboard too just to make it communicate again. This trick is also very useful and recommended right after you apply a shield.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Yes. I had a really helpful experience with them too. After buying Iron Fist covers, I sold one of mine and requested the HP refund as per the buyback option they're offering, and they basically told me my situation was "unique", so tough sht.
  • My kamala grren cover from alliance reward + iso + hp gone. Just like that. Well...
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    It's not a bug, it's a feature.

In the MPQ rendition of the fresh faced (?!) and witty Kamala, the new ms. marvel in town, her shape shifting powers include the ability to transform into a 2 star cover.

This is meta-game at its finest!
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    My kamala grren cover from alliance reward + iso + hp gone. Just like that. Well...

Im in the same boat .... =<
    But im worse off im missing several covers now and have contacted D3.

1.Starlord purple (Black vortex rank 1 reward)
    2.Blade - black,purple and green cover(Black vortex rank 1 reward)
    3.Deadpool purple cover (Taco token pull)
    4.Thor 3* yellow cover (Token pull)
    5.Kamala Khan - Yellow and green cover (rank 21 rewards from Heavy Metal PVP)

sigh...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Helpful hint, if you get a cover you really like, and are worried about it not saving, go into the first lvl 1 board and beat it real fast, it will trigger a game save and takes about 5 seconds
  • I have done that and still happens to me strangely, Sometimes when i beat a node a "comm link error" pops up and i have to wait for maybe 10-15mins.
  • My guess would be that the game didn't synch with the server and when you reconnected it updated your save with the one from the server. This is probably why you got the token back and lost the cover. Similarly, I guess someone could have pulled a 2* the first time and the second time they pulled something better. If this happened then I think it will be difficult for Support to verify who is telling the truth and who is trying to exploit a bad connection and the most obvious solution would be to apologize for the inconvenience and leave it at that.