Keep your heads up Devs

You guys weather a tinykitty for everything you do. Any change you make (in an attempt) to strengthen your game is immediately subjected to harsh ridicule that at times has to hurt on a personal level. Honestly, if I were in your shoes I would seriously consider homeschooling my children on some days. It is not an enviable position to hold so I would like to offer you port in the storm in the form of a sincere THANK YOU.

I tinykitty as good as the next guy here because it's our given privilege to do so. There are so many games that offer much less and that alone would be worth the "thank you" but there is more. I've seen many support and technical issues fixed on the spot since being here..... although my post about the misspelling of the word "trickery" in Loki's profile has still gone unaddressed. icon_e_smile.gif seriously guys though, it drives me insane!

I understand that the wheels turn slowly and that you are reading the complaints. I'm sure you are addressing them at the best of your ability and that no game will ever be perfect. You will never please everyone, someone suffers so someone else can gain and such... Someone has to take steps or this game we are all so passionate about will grow stagnant and die, along with all of our investments.It's okay to -punch the clown- once in a while as long as you're willing to admit it and fix the most serious of the mistakes. Despite what seems like popular belief at times, you ARE making positive attempts to expand our game and there will be growing pains. Hold your heads high and just keep up the good work

We sometimes act like butt hurt baboons with bad hemorrhoids but it's because we all care for MPQ.

PS. Is there a way to earn access to beta testing servers? I believe I speak for all of us when I say, I would give anything to help test characters! Just black them out with generic wireframes and let us help you, help us.

Comments

• Mate, by adding that last paragraph you've lost the credibility of your post. It now looks like you've said all that to be a tester. No offence. Just stating the obvious
  • I never intended it that way. My post was completely sincere. If I lost credibility for asking if we (as a collective that will ultimately grade the final product) have an active role in its production, then I suppose I should run for office.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    "This too shall pass" icon_twisted.gif
  • BBTBob wrote:
    I never intended it that way. My post was completely sincere. If I lost credibility for asking if we (as a collective that will ultimately grade the final product) have an active role in its production, then I suppose I should run for office.
    The main place where you lost credibility is the spot where you ask to be part of their non-existent beta server.
    Why do you think they screw up with this regularity? Why do you think that only people who are relatively new to the game praise their work?

There are no test servers. And good luck reaching them now - They're all on vacation. Yes that's right, they're not reading any of these complaints right now.
  • ark123 wrote:
    BBTBob wrote:
    I never intended it that way. My post was completely sincere. If I lost credibility for asking if we (as a collective that will ultimately grade the final product) have an active role in its production, then I suppose I should run for office.
    The main place where you lost credibility is the spot where you ask to be part of their non-existent beta server.
    Why do you think they screw up with this regularity? Why do you think that only people who are relatively new to the game praise their work?

There are no test servers. And good luck reaching them now - They're all on vacation. Yes that's right, they're not reading any of these complaints right now.
    And then there are profanity removed like this guy who rather down tic someone for making a valid statement, whine, moan and complain when it's clear the answer for him to do is play in another sandbox. Sadly, he won't. He'll stay playing in a top order, collecting and selling covers most players desire most, act like his opinion is more valid than others and probably complain when his mom comes in to make his bed.

Can't do much to change that.....
  • BBTBob wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    BBTBob wrote:

And then there are a$$clowns like this guy who rather down tic someone for making a valid statement, whine, moan and complain when it's clear the answer for him to do is play in another sandbox. Sadly, he won't. He'll stay playing in a top order, collecting and selling covers most players desire most, act like his opinion is more valid than others and probably complain when his mom comes in to make his bed.

Can't do much to change that.....
    Yeah, how dare I imply that people who have been playing longer have more knowledge of the game.

Oh and going around the profanity filter? That's not the way to kiss **** to demiurge. Tsc Tsc icon_rolleyes.gif
  • To the OP, I'm not sure how you think these changes were made to strengthen the game, care to elaborate?

All I can see is a greedy cash grab, to make long term players spend more resources and new players buy more packs in the belief that they are actually advancing, rather than just plateauing until they realise that their roster depth is just nice pictures of superheroes instead of something which will actively effect their game. For more info on how this is happening read the other posts.
    Those other posts might actually help the devs understand how their changes are impacting the way people play their game, I'm not really sure how sycophantic swill will help.
  • MarCr wrote:
    To the OP, I'm not sure how you think these changes were made to strengthen the game, care to elaborate?

All I can see is a greedy cash grab, to make long term players spend more resources and new players buy more packs in the belief that they are actually advancing, rather than just plateauing until they realise that their roster depth is just nice pictures of superheroes instead of something which will actively effect their game. For more info on how this is happening read the other posts.
    Those other posts might actually help the devs understand how their changes are impacting the way people play their game, I'm not really sure how sycophantic swill will help.
    Postby BBTBob » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:59 am

"Any change you make (In an attempt) to strengthen your game is immediately subjected to harsh ridicule that at times has to hurt on a personal level." ...... "Despite what seems like popular belief at times, you ARE making Positive attempts to expand our game and there will be growing pains. Hold your heads high and just keep up the good work".....

I never made an argument for or against ANY one change. I simply grouped together the good and the bad then applauded them for making progress. Go ahead and read it again.
  • You used the word strengthen which loads your sentence with implied meaning.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    If you really want to snuggle up to the developers, you should stop trying to work around their profanity filters. They put those there for a reason.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we keep this on topic instead of attacking the OP because you disagree with his opinion? That'd be good, thanks.