What if stars ment something more....

Tyronepowers
Tyronepowers Posts: 35
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Obviously the current MMR is a joke but that got me thinking, what if stars affected your rewards per match but MMR was the same. Here is an example:

Win a match with a total of X stars:

12 stars: base reward
9 stars: 1.25 multiplier on ISO earned
6 stars: 1.5 multiplier on ISO earned
3 stars: 2.0 multiplier on ISO earned

Or

Beat an opponent with X more stars than you:
0 stars difference: base points
2 stars difference: 1.25 PVP points
3 stars diff: 1.5 PVP points

This way you impact your own score positively without impacting the opposition negatively. This would likely Inflate scores but would change the dynamic of team selection depending on your goals. Also teams with high end rosters would not be peanalized for having and using 4* teams and they would still see base points.

You could do something similar with level difference to increase the reward for attacking a team "above your level" without negatively impacting other players.

Just some fever dreamed thoughts on a Sunday morning but I thought they were worth throwing out there.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    No on all of those points. 2* transition land is cover starved, not ISO starved. High level rosters are the ones that need the ISO so they can actually level the characters they have. The point multiplier is bad, it will let 3* rosters hop faster at the end. It will allow people to leapfrog from 10th place to top 5 easily which is not fair for people who were battling it out the entire event.

If anything you want the opposite of what you have. Give 4* rosters bonus PvP points (up to 600 or 700) to accelerate them out of the 2*-3* range faster. 3*/4* teams need more ISO, DPDQ is nice but its still incredibly hard to keep up with the new character release rate.
  • the basic problem I see is the game needs a new mechanic that doesn't penalize players for having high level / high star rosters but rewards risk taking in battling above your level or playing with lower level characters. As to your point about 3* hopping faster, anyone with a leveled 4* roster likely has a leveled 3* roster and can do the same thing as the points bonuses are ajusted on a per battle basis

Got 270 xforce thor and prof x...good for you. Want bonus ISO? Play and win with some 1 star characters on the same roster and get some more. Want to shield hop faster? Use a 3* team against all 4 stars and win and get bonus points.

Again the idea was to reward risk taking.

How about leaving everyone open to attack even though shielded. It would open up the pool of players to draw in PVP, allow More defensive wins and allow more progression reward wins. I'm not sure I even understand why when shielded you are pulled from the pool of battles. I want to be attacked when shielded...

Again just food for thought to stimulate discussion as something needs to change otherwise the game will continue to be an arms race with 3* giving way to 4* then giving way to 5* etc....
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    How about leaving everyone open to attack even though shielded. It would open up the pool of players to draw in PVP, allow More defensive wins and allow more progression reward wins. I'm not sure I even understand why when shielded you are pulled from the pool of battles. I want to be attacked when shielded...

That's the way it was when shields first started. Scores got...high. Not mine, of course, cause I sucked back then... icon_razz.gif
  • Sounds good in theory, but think past your winning of those extra points...now you're going to lose even more points when the overly squishy team you just used to get those extra points gets found in the matches and/or retaliated against and you're basically right back where you started anyway, if not worse off.