HP Suck : The PvP Edition

daveomite
daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I felt compelled to make a special HP Suck for PvP.... enjoy...

bd1t4.jpg

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said it once but I'll say it again, the level shift is the worst thing that has ever happened in this game. We aren't meant to be fighting level 290 opponents. I've been making out pretty well in this PvP but I've probably seen more Ballistic Salvos in the last day than I have in the last year. The matches take forever and its pretty hard to complete deny the enemy now.
  • Getting a **** board while fighting this buffed IM40 takes ages also...
  • daveomite
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Getting a **** board while fighting this buffed IM40 takes ages also...

It most certainly did. That was an interesting event.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    I'm sure the Hulk pvp will be a welcome relaxing break then....oh....wait...
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Oh man, I freakin love these HP Suck graphics icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm a graphic artist myself, these are awesome eye candy for me. Very nice work! Quick question Daveomite, where do you find the artwork for these? I'm teaching myself Dreamweaver at work, and as my learnin' project I'm gonna putz around and make a mock MPQ website. Do you just google em or do you have a secret site you can snag them from?
  • daveomite
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Oh man, I freakin love these HP Suck graphics icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm a graphic artist myself, these are awesome eye candy for me. Very nice work! Quick question Daveomite, where do you find the artwork for these? I'm teaching myself Dreamweaver at work, and as my learnin' project I'm gonna putz around and make a mock MPQ website. Do you just google em or do you have a secret site you can snag them from?

Depends on what you mean. There are some textures and backgrounds used. All titles done either in PS or AI. The actual full composition is done in Photoshop. I sometimes show some behind the scenes pics on my facebook profile, just showing some of the process.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Yea, backgrounds and such I have covered, I just meant the character artwork and the big image of the MPQ board behind Kingpin in his (which might just be my favorite one...dem bunny ears!)

*NM, a quick google image search showed me that I can get pretty much everything I need, in surprisingly high resolution, and most of them are already clipped out! What the hell did we do before the internet??
  • daveomite
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Yea, backgrounds and such I have covered, I just meant the character artwork and the big image of the MPQ board behind Kingpin in his (which might just be my favorite one...dem bunny ears!)

Sometimes Demiurge posts higher res images of the characters, sometimes it takes keying out images from the game, etc. The mpq tile/game board was a screen shot duplicated several times.