Teisatsu in DDQ

yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How are you getting past them, even on round one?

My usual teams are getting wiped out so quickly (even with some selective boosting).

Comments

• even nerfed a bit magneto/storm/black widow always gets the job done for DDQ
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are definitely among the nastiest DDQ enemies. There's several different strategies that can be helpful. Stun is pretty reliable (Wind Storm for example), and you can also shrug off the damage with protect tiles until you can match them away.

I often use Spiderman/Luke Cage + Falcon + Blade/Punisher, and by the time the ninjas are dying the protect tiles are usually boosted to the point where the damage from those Turn to Smoke tiles is reduced to 1.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    nnypirate wrote:
    even nerfed a bit magneto/storm/black widow always gets the job done for DDQ

That's how I do DDQ. however when the Teisatsus are out it's usually a game of rinse/repeat a few times before I get a good enough board to win. When bored I add a few damage boosts (blue/violet, rainbow, critical) that usually does the trick.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    good idea to give us as idea of your roster for suggestions.

Personally always do the final DDQ node with same 3 characters with ease (Patch, LCap, Falcon) but appreciate that most may not have this available.

If 2* I personally would go with Daken, Ares/Thor & OBW - with Daken's heals & Ares'Thor high health should be ok to sustain a few hits from fists.

Save up powers for waves 2 & 4. If the fists are causing problems don't go for the killing blow on the goons straight away, getting hit by the fists whilst whittling down the others is not a great idea - if you can knock them down to 200 or so health then kill them all if succession this will help & generally bunch all the fists together for easy matching. Also, if your firing off a few powers this may clear fists as well.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    To stop the attack tiles from coming out, stun the goon before taking them down.
    Use Falcon Redwing but on it's own it's too slow.
    Use protect tiles to minimise damage.
    Take out all of the Teisatsu in quick succession to minimise gradual accumulated attack damage.
    Use colour conversion abilities to try and generate 4/5 line matches to try and clear.

I use 3* Cap (3/5/5), Cyclops (x/4/3) and Hood (5/5/3).
    Cap - red to deal damage and overwrite tiles. blue to stun before i take down Teisatsu and overwrite tiles.
    Cyclops - generate red. Enough black and red? Fire off his black during 2nd and 4th wave.
    Hood - steal AP. Especially when the goons generate red/blue AP. Use Twin Pistols if you're in a pinch and need to deal damage at 2nd and last wave. Use Intimidation to reduce Cap's CD tiles.

To quicken things, use red/yellow and blue boosts. But i seldom use them now.
  • LewsTherin0
    LewsTherin0 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Daredevil, OBW, and Blade got me through it. DD is the mvp against those a-holes.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thankyou all for the suggestions and in this instance 3* Cap, Falcon and Patch got me through, albeit it slowly - seems like a good team. I had also tried OBW, Mags and CStorm, but an unlucky board was the quick end of that. I'll be sure to try a few of the above combos as well.

My usual? Falcon, 2* Daken (my 3* is not covered enough) and 2* Wolverine. I also tried 3* Cap, OBW (I think?) and someone else that I can't recall, maybe Hood, a few times and that worked ok.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    My team most days is Ldaken, LThor, and Blade. They smoke everything but the Teisatsu day (they often win, but it's the only day they're in any kind of danger.) Swap Thor for Daredevil and ta da, they get completely neutered.

I'm so happy that DD is great now, I won my bracket in BoP with him as the anchor.

Spiderman would be another great swap in, but I only have 3 in his purple. He's another under-rated character these days. He's super situational (read: Only good for PvE) but when the situation is right, he smokes it as well.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I usually use Thor/OBW/CStorm, just build up Thor's yellow, cast it and watch it make cascades of green then use Storm's lightning to generate other tiles followed by wind storm and another Thor yellow and repeat ad infinitum.

Honestly, after I get 24 yellow on Thor the AI doesn't really get a chance to do anything since my turn never really ends.

But yes, the Teisatsu/Kishu/Koran and the biggest pain in one's a**
  • Stun them, then kill them. Hawkeye, Storm, or MBW make quick work of Teisatsu.
  • I usually use Cap 2*. If you whittle them down until they are close to death then switch to other characters, once you get 12 blue you can throw Cap's shield and immediately down the first Teisatu, downing the 2nd Teisatsu 3 turns later. In later rounds, Storm (1 or 3*) is an option. With 2 maxed hailstorms, she clogs all tiles so the Teisatsu has nowhere to put their attack tiles when they die -> they don't overwrite their own countdown tiles with attack tiles either. You have to be careful to put the final hailstorm down on the turn you're going to kill them though.