What kind of grind is this?!

I've been playing for about a year now and have seen many a change. This latest change to PvP scaling is not what I had in mind. I'm optimistic every time a change is made and love this game dearly but this change has encouraged me to post on here for the first time. I know my opinion but I really want to knowing how this PvP scaling change is being excepted by the masses. I especially want to see responses by those that think the new scaling is a good idea. Anybody?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    TL:DR version: everyone is pissed.
  • I see lots of people reading this and no one posting a defense. I fear you are right Tanis. Can anyone tell me they like this new scaling to PvP? Anybody at all?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I haven't played yet, I think it is still too early to judge until most of the player base has started the event allowing more players with better points to pop up.
  • i might be the only transitioning player that kinda likes this new scaling. I have just maxed out a team of two star heroes and it's nice that I am not being gang banged the moment I hit 200 in progression. Before while i was working on my 2* team I couldn't reach 200 because I was probably the few that were abused by the level 166 and high caliber players countless of times to thget point that I almost gave up on pvp. While a lot of high caliber players hate the new system, at least I now can work my **** just to get some ISO to help me transition. It's nice to see more players with the same build against me the moment I hit 200 in progression. Although the moment I hit 400 progression I see users well beyond me. All I can wish for is for D3 to make a separate pvp for beginners, intermediate and advanced players as suggested many times in this forum.
  • Okay there's one. I'm all for helping transitioning players. Lord knows I was one once and felt that frustration. Keep me posted and let me know if it really helps you score much higher. Anyone else digging this new scaling?
  • I have 0 maxed 3 stars, i climbed with my blade 104, patch 104 and loaner to 600 points withouth seeing a lot of 166 teams. I was top 10 and was gangbaged top 70 last 3 hours, but I reached 600 progression reward for the first time which is nice I think. And I might actually finish in top 100. This change definetly works for us, transitioner players
  • I'm not impressed.

Match 1 - B4con M4gic (note: I like bacon)
    Match 2 - 270 Xforce, 166 MAgs 222 IM40
    Match n+1 - 270 Xforce, 200+ IM40, max 3 star

six matches in I stopped. 128 some points

FWIW, I have L180 Xforce, and 6 maxed "old school" 3*, of which Lcap, BP, Deadpool and Patch driving the train (to be fair, I do have 3hor at 156)

At least they could have bought me dinner first ....
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    This change definetly works for us, transitioner players

isn't that what the DDQ was for?
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I hear a lot of complaining on the forums about this. Come on, the FIRST event this is being used on hasn't even ended yet.

We need to give it time before any of us can draw conclusions about how great it is. I think the one thing that has come clear is that upper end rosters are not getting to gang bang lower level rosters for the first 600 points or so. Not sure if this is a good thing or not, truthfully. I don't think your roster strength should be a factor in determining who you face, it should just be your score.... but I'm going to give it time before declaring it a failure.

I think people need to remember that the average forum user does not reflect the average user of the game. This might be a good change for the majority of people
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    So far I'm rather indifferent on the whole thing. I've seen marginally harder fights at the start and been attacked a bit more than normal. That could have as much to do with starting 24 hrs earlier than normal as it does with changes to match making. *shrug*
  • Sound off people!
  • Westy3079
    Westy3079 Posts: 17
    It's a joke, I finally max my xforce after the multiple boosted characters as it seemed like the right time to do it.
    I've been hit numerous times at 100/200/300 points.
    I persevered & managed to get up to 500 points last night only to wake up to -185 this morning.
    Now all the members of my team ive been helping to progress & build their covers are shooting up the tables with no problems! I'm really happy for them & I agree that transitioners need to have an easier time but surely it shouldn't be at the expense of people that have been playing 500 days & spending a bit of money & supporting the game?
    Now FTP guys have an easier time & all the vets have no chance because they have larger established rosters! Yet again were penalised for trying to progress in the game.
    As I said ive been playing 500 days, I missed all the sentry/hood /ldaken fun because I never had any luck with the covers, I missed the 4thor xforce fun as I didn't have the covers.
    Now I have xf finally & I'm still getting trounced! When is it actually my turn to have some fun & be a dominant player for a while? Without throwing yet more money into the game?
    So many good changes with great new characters & the addition of DDQ & time slices but for every good change it seems like there are another 3 bad decisions..
    Not impressed, I was looking forward to kicking **** this season.. Now I'm struggling to find the motivation icon_e_sad.gif
  • I'm with you Westie. I've been playing about a year and have always been behind the curve. Try as I may I can't seem to bridge the gap.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure, yet. But I don't mind hard fights as long as everyone is on the same playing field. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the abrupt 2* --> 4* switch in opponent strength at 600 pts. So, I might be ok with this, particularly if scores stay low and Progression awards change accordingly.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Yay! They made the progression awards easier to attain by lowering the scores needed to reach a goal. Then they make it more difficult to score. So they essentially did nothing to improve the game for anyone while ticking people off. I think that about sums it up?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    rowie wrote:
    i might be the only transitioning player that kinda likes this new scaling. I have just maxed out a team of two star heroes and it's nice that I am not being gang banged the moment I hit 200 in progression. Before while i was working on my 2* team I couldn't reach 200 because I was probably the few that were abused by the level 166 and high caliber players countless of times to thget point that I almost gave up on pvp. While a lot of high caliber players hate the new system, at least I now can work my **** just to get some ISO to help me transition. It's nice to see more players with the same build against me the moment I hit 200 in progression. Although the moment I hit 400 progression I see users well beyond me. All I can wish for is for D3 to make a separate pvp for beginners, intermediate and advanced players as suggested many times in this forum.
    I don't want to offend Rowie personally but my post will anyway. PVP is for people to complet for prizes. It is not for everyone to get a medal for competing. As a new player it should be really hard to compete in PVP, and you should struggle to get the lower tier prizes. Rowie has the right idea using PVP for ISO and he should see bigger teams at 200 points, Rowie is new. 300 points should b an accomplishment. New players should not get a chance to be in a seperate PVP to win the same prize as me because they are new. The reality is this. When D3 switched and made 2* drop like candy from a piñata it created a mess newer players. If ramped people up so fast to 2* land that they slammed into the 3* wall, and then when they increased the levels of the 3* it made an even bigger gap. I almost think D3 would be better off putting he MMR back where it was and going back to only giving 2* out as prizes instead of just winning a match. 100-125 three 2*, 126-150 two 2* 151-200 one 2*. Top 100 can still get a 3* cover. I will apologize to Rowie as I do not want to attack someone I don't know but D3 is trying to do so much for the new players at the expense of the vets it really frustrates me.
  • They so seem to be catering more and more to the new players and less to the vets. Any vets disagree with that?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dale67 wrote:
    They so seem to be catering more and more to the new players and less to the vets. Any vets disagree with that?

It seems to be their financial plan, stop chasing the whales and get all the cash they can from the little guys.

I'm trying to find the study, I don't think it's just here but in all FTP that most people will drop money in the first few days/weeks of play.
    Here they have said that half of their players have started in a small amount of time (I forget, six months? three?).

Combine those two: you are leaching vets, but lots of newbies. Go for the cash grab with them early, don't worry about enticing them or encourage them to stay for the long term.
  • D3 sucks. We need to get as pissed as possible over their continued incompetence.

this is no longer acceptable.

marc
  • wymtime wrote:

I don't want to offend Rowie personally but my post will anyway. PVP is for people to complet for prizes. It is not for everyone to get a medal for competing. As a new player it should be really hard to compete in PVP, and you should struggle to get the lower tier prizes. Rowie has the right idea using PVP for ISO and he should see bigger teams at 200 points, Rowie is new. 300 points should b an accomplishment. New players should not get a chance to be in a seperate PVP to win the same prize as me because they are new. The reality is this. When D3 switched and made 2* drop like candy from a piñata it created a mess newer players. If ramped people up so fast to 2* land that they slammed into the 3* wall, and then when they increased the levels of the 3* it made an even bigger gap. I almost think D3 would be better off putting he MMR back where it was and going back to only giving 2* out as prizes instead of just winning a match. 100-125 three 2*, 126-150 two 2* 151-200 one 2*. Top 100 can still get a 3* cover. I will apologize to Rowie as I do not want to attack someone I don't know but D3 is trying to do so much for the new players at the expense of the vets it really frustrates me.

Apology accepted. Although your post made me feel so unwelcomed to this community and the game for being what you call "New." It made me feel like MPQ should only be played exclusively to vets or those that have started with this game. That the same people should continue to stay at their thrones and disallowing anyone to grow. While I may sound like I'm over exaggerating your post, I don't disregard all the hard effort and money everyone has put into this game. I never said I should get a medal or a similar prize that a vet would get. I was only trying to support the suggestions that other members in this forum have made about having separate pvp where top tiers can have a playground they can play in while we new players can have a shot at getting some ISO and roster building. I could care less about 4* at this point in my journey cause they are useless until I can transition into a well established 3* roster.

Frankly you and the vets can attack on new members of this forum and this game. In fact why don't you protest and make signs to not welcome new people into the game since the devs are hurting you at the expense of us trying and liking this game. I don't know any better since I'm new, but at least I'm trying to learn from the complaints of vets despite how some can be so unwelcoming. I came to this forum for help and it seems like this forum was meant for vets , and new people aren't welcomed. I also don't want to attack back at you since I don't know you as well but D3 needs to really examine what they are doing before both parties decides not to care anymore.