Re: Trading Covers

I am certain this has been brought up before and I am sure the that it would be a monster to figure out but...Cover trading amongst Alliances. This would allow a couple of benefits beyond just the daily drop.
1) It would let those at the bottom to increase their roster strength and value to the alliance
2) We would get more out of duplicate covers beyond ISOs
There could be a charge associated such as 10 maybe 25 Hero Points or 1000 maybe 2500 ISOs for example. That way you don't devalue the worth of the covers and the money spent on Hero Points and ISOs.
Just a thought. Thank you all for your time. icon_idea.gif

Comments

• i like the idea
    and find that adding more ways to use ur iso and even hp is more appealing .
    and not just cover trading in clans .
    but also maybe adding the ability to buy a permanant boost for ur 1 * 2 * covers when facing teams with 3* ones .
    like a 10% or 15% or even 20 % boost to any lower covers u might use in fighting 3 * ones .
    can be purchased for like 20 k iso <and yes am saying iso not JUST hp > each season start or so .
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am certain this has been brought up before and I am sure the that it would be a monster to figure out but...Cover trading amongst Alliances. This would allow a couple of benefits beyond just the daily drop.
    1) It would let those at the bottom to increase their roster strength and value to the alliance
    2) We would get more out of duplicate covers beyond ISOs
    There could be a charge associated such as 10 maybe 25 Hero Points or 1000 maybe 2500 ISOs for example. That way you don't devalue the worth of the covers and the money spent on Hero Points and ISOs.
    Just a thought. Thank you all for your time. icon_idea.gif

sadly this will never happen cause it might work with tablet people (facebook) but people who play on steam i dont see any idea how they would even set something up like it. I mean they cant even figure out how to hook Steam players into facebook accounts.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    It can't be done because it would inevitably be abused. Someone would figure out a way to sell covers.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    here is something i proposed a bit back
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26821
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Square wrote:
    It can't be done because it would inevitably be abused. Someone would figure out a way to sell covers.

How is that "abuse"? Devs can't control or stop extra-game communication. No, it won't be done because it would hurt the dev's sales.
    I suppose if you love the free market that much, it isn't abuse, even if it isn't the intent of the developers. I'm probably old, but when I first heard about Asian WoW players who just mined points to sell to Westerners who had a very different notion of an hourly wage, there was something utterly creepy about it. This is a bit different. At this point, I sell 90% of the 3* covers I get, and I'm not mining for them. I've gotten used to it, but if I could give away or trade covers, the move to 3* would be really really quick. 90% isn't an exaggeration. I only look for Iron Fist, Squirrel Girl, and Kamala Khan right now. All the rest of the 3*s are covered optimally.

Maybe it is only about the devs' bottom line, but there is something weird about creating a black market around a mobile phone game (sorry if I offend Steam users).
  • It can be done. Mobage does it in War of Heroes. There is a HUGE I mean GIANT trading community. The cards are traded for an in-game currency called Power Packs that you have to buy from Mobage. They are making money hand over fist off new card releases and Power Packs.

Blizzard's World of Warcraft has been battling gold farmers for years and now they have added a way to buy game time with in game gold. Diablo had the same problem, now you can't trade and the game went to hell in a handbasket.

D3 CAN and eventually will add trading because if they don't we will go play something else where we can. And before you argue that no you are here for life, everyone eventually gets tired of the same **** every release.