Has anyone opened up their S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator, yet?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion

Comments

• emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Yes! \(◎o◎)/
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Just looked at it, only 1 star characters for the first 1400 points and just 25 hp x2 in between. I have never gotten more than 900 so the SIM is useless except for iso.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Come on guys. I want to face level 166 teams right away so I can win me some 1* covers. Just think only 500 net wins and you could have a 10 pack full of 2* covers to open. #livingthedream
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Last season I had 2600+ points from sim, 12.7k season points, and placed 25th in my bracket. This season I'll be lucky to be within sniffing distance of top 100. It was good while it lasted. icon_lol.gif
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    About 10 matches vs. teams which average from the go at around ~20 higher than my three highest lvl characters combined? To get 3 1* covers? What's the catch?
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    After the 5 seed nodes I was immediately up against endless teams of XF+3*'s although not maxed out in level. Often teams like level 245/166 /166 or 270/155/166.

So while there is a minor sense of difficulty progression...the levels are so close to the cap that it hardly feels like it matters. I'm not exactly struggling with shield sim but I do feel like I'm forced into using XF/Hood/(insert any blue/red/purple user here) pretty much right from the start.

For reference I have 4x 270 and a over 20x 166's.
  • I did exactly one match. After that I was like "don't bother". Am now playing DDQ exclusively apart from the TaT event for the blue DD cover.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    No rush for this. As stated the only real rewards are the seasonal ones and I always get the pack of 10 Bag-Mans without that much effort.

Going into the Simulator after a few weeks lets you fight much lighter fights. I have other places to spend my heals.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    No rush for this. As stated the only real rewards are the seasonal ones and I always get the pack of 10 Bag-Mans without that much effort.

Going into the Simulator after a few weeks lets you fight much lighter fights. I have other places to spend my heals.
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    MaskedMan wrote:

I do too by just hitting 400 in each character PVP but man that ain't happening now:/ the simulator is crazy I have 1 capped *** and a bunch below level 70; simulator shows each node being all level capped *** & *****
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    To be honest, scared too start!

Not that I have a roster that can handle SHIELD - I only have 1 X-Force & 88 obsolete characters
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Last season I had 2600+ points from sim, 12.7k season points, and placed 25th in my bracket. This season I'll be lucky to be within sniffing distance of top 100. It was good while it lasted. icon_lol.gif
    um, if we accept for the sake of the argument that the climb is going to be that much harder... doesn't that mean that everybody will have an equally harder time, so if everybody does the same they did in the previous season, you will still place high even with less points?
  • The simulator tends to be at it's harshest at the very beginning, and then ease up as more players enter, time after time.