Only one chance to win in PVP

Options
I recently got bogged down against a Captain America who got off his protect tiles. I retreated with the intention of going back in and finishing him off. To my surprise I lost shield points as if I had yielded to him.

It appears like we no longer have three chances to beat someone. It's winner take all. This is yet another change that should have been posted in the patch announcement.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Earlier I did see a +20 points from someone losing all 3 times in LIghtning Round, which I thought was pretty odd because I know there's no way my team is that strong. Maybe retreat now counts as yielding three times? If so, this makes characters like Invisible Woman incredibly threatening on defense, because you can get into situation where the opponent would need 20 minutes to beat you and he has to choose between wasting that much time or take a loss, and you can't even die usually because IW does very little damage on her own.

Edit: Just tested it on lightning round. You only get one chance to defeat someone now. I attacked someone with a scrub team and got beaten down and I lost 15 points.