What changes would YOU like to see to progression/Placement

With recent changes, and especially 1 big change(D3 changing Kingpin to be top 100 mid-event), what changes would you like to see in PVE and PVP for progression since they said they listen to player feedback?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE reward structure being the same regardless of * rating.
  • 4* characters as high value progression rewards in PvE. Not like the first time they did it; high value but still obtainable.

Alliance progression meters, maybe for entire seasons or PvE only. Maybe with goals that aren't exclusively point-based.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    [list=5][*] More opportunities to earn 4* covers. Not to the degree where they're falling from the sky, but right now the 4* transition basically doesn't exist - people who don't already have a 4* roster are dependent on token pulls to get one, because you're not reaching 1000 points in PvP without a top-tier roster and 4* covers from PvE come too slowly to make a meaningful difference. [/*]
    [*] Rotation for cover rewards, so the same cover won't appear in the same position twice in a row. [/*]
    [*] Standardized token rewards for PvE subs, at least in terms of how many tokens a player can reasonably expect to get for a day of effort. Old events don't have alliance tokens while new ones do just because they were designed before alliance tokens were a thing, meaning new events give you double the tokens of old ones. ISO-8 Brotherhood gives out as many as 8 tokens a day (as would The Hulk if it had alliance tokens) while the Gauntlet gives you two over four days. There's no good reason for that. [/*]
    [*] Overhaul the reward structure for PvE events that feature a new 2* character. It makes no sense to hand them out as sparingly as a new 3*. [/*]
    [*] No more Mohawk Storm or Daredevil consolation prizes in a 4* debut PvE. ENOUGH, for the love of the Living Tribunal. This makes three times! Put somebody new in there![/*][/list]
  • -Alliance Progression rewards:
    Remove the alliance cover from PVP events.
    Add in an alliance progression bar that gives out all the 3* covers that would have been awarded during a season and then maybe a few 4*s past that.
    Top alliances will still win as much rewards as they currently do, possibly more. More casual alliances will now earn a few bonus covers throughout a season and will be encouraged to fight for the next reward no matter if they are usually top 100, 150 or 500.

-Dual rewards:
    Give players a choice of two reward brackets, one can offer older 3*s and one more recent ones. Those trying to finish an older one can fight hard for those, while those finished with many characters can have another option besides sitting an event out or playing for rewards they don't need just to get points. Can do the same for 4*s

-Deadpool quests for 4* characters:
    Could be weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly but have some seriously challenging nodes that will give out a rotating 4* deadpool style.

-A 4* at 9000 points in season progression.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see the ** reward in the early progression replaced by tokens - either three standard or one heroic token, for example.

This isn't directly related to progression per se, but it's in the same general category; in-match achievements you can earn. I think that it would break up the monotony a bit and give you some rewards for performance.
    Some examples:
    Won match with all characters at full health: +25 ISO
    Won match without using any powers: +20 ISO
    Won match with only one character still alive: (Must have started match with three characters): +35 ISO
    Won match with only one character still alive and at less than 10% max health (Must have started match with three characters): +80 ISO
    Won match with all three characters still alive and each at less than 10% max health (Must have started match with all characters >= 80% max health): +200 ISO
    Won match with 0 total AP remaining: +200 ISO
    Won match against a team that had an average team level 100% or more than your team's average level: +80 ISO (Turning those enraging 20 ISO wins against level 250+ enemies into 100 ISO, wheeee)
    Lost match against a team against a team with less than 10% of their total combined max health remaining: +75 ISO (consolation prize)
    Lost match against a team with an average team level 33% or less of your average team level (Must have started match with all characters at >=80% max health): +125 ISO

Obviously these would have to be carefully balanced to guard against easy exploits, but I still think it would be a fun idea.
  • -Alliance Progression rewards:
    Remove the alliance cover from PVP events.
    Add in an alliance progression bar that gives out all the 3* covers that would have been awarded during a season and then maybe a few 4*s past that.
    Top alliances will still win as much rewards as they currently do, possibly more. More casual alliances will now earn a few bonus covers throughout a season and will be encouraged to fight for the next reward no matter if they are usually top 100, 150 or 500.

-Dual rewards:
    Give players a choice of two reward brackets, one can offer older 3*s and one more recent ones. Those trying to finish an older one can fight hard for those, while those finished with many characters can have another option besides sitting an event out or playing for rewards they don't need just to get points. Can do the same for 4*s

-Deadpool quests for 4* characters:
    Could be weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly but have some seriously challenging nodes that will give out a rotating 4* deadpool style.

-A 4* at 9000 points in season progression.

I think Deadpool's 4* quest could be monthly. 1 4star cover every month(1 3* character a day, 1 4* character a month) is pretty reasonable, if not less time inbetween. I'd also want it not to be deadpool....but D3 hates story so it probably will be(I'd rather see Nick Fury directing an operation that ultimately results in 'recruiting' a 4* token/character, but that's a pipe dream)
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I'd like to see the ** reward in the early progression replaced by tokens - either three standard or one heroic token, for example.

This isn't directly related to progression per se, but it's in the same general category; in-match achievements you can earn. I think that it would break up the monotony a bit and give you some rewards for performance.
    Some examples:
    Won match with all characters at full health: +25 ISO
    Won match without using any powers: +20 ISO
    Won match with only one character still alive: (Must have started match with three characters): +35 ISO
    Won match with only one character still alive and at less than 10% max health (Must have started match with three characters): +80 ISO
    Won match with all three characters still alive and each at less than 10% max health (Must have started match with all characters >= 80% max health): +200 ISO
    Won match with 0 total AP remaining: +200 ISO
    Won match against a team that had an average team level 100% or more than your team's average level: +80 ISO (Turning those enraging 20 ISO wins against level 250+ enemies into 100 ISO, wheeee)
    Lost match against a team against a team with less than 10% of their total combined max health remaining: +75 ISO (consolation prize)
    Lost match against a team with an average team level 33% or less of your average team level (Must have started match with all characters at >=80% max health): +125 ISO

Obviously these would have to be carefully balanced to guard against easy exploits, but I still think it would be a fun idea.

I think achievements/quests(and alliance achievements/quests) would be awesome. If we can't get new modes, maybe we can at least get fun things to do while doing the samn d**n thing(EX: Survive a Juggernaut headbutt on this node, your guild must take down all the Ares in the Multiverse! K.O. 500 of them!)

Alas D3 doesn't do **** like that...sigh
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    50 - Fury Blue
    100 - Professor Blue
    150 - Kingpin Purple
    52000 - 4Thor Yellow

That works for me.
  • Whatever even follows TaT to have a Kingpin progression reward. He's the essential, he should be a progression. Put it up higher than the 3* progression if you have to, but he should be on the list.
  • i think the 3* should be lower in PVP progression at the 500 point area
    for PVE more progression awards over the the top, HP/ large iso/token with a 4* some where. PVP you can win one every 3 days there should be 2 in PVE but i'll settle for 1.