New matchmaking algorithm

westnyy2
westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I am currently 2nd in my shard with 850 or so points in the BOP event. I cannot for the life of me find a match over 5 points. This was the case at 8am this morning when I successfully hopped for a whopping 13 points and after my 3 hr shield expired when I had another 10 points in my hop. This is really, really great.

What I'm taking from this is don't start a PVP unless there is 8 hours or so left. Anyone else with the same experiences?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    BOP was not affected by the season changes. you are seeing low point matches because you are at the top of your bracket
  • This is going to be an unusually low-scoring event, in all likelihood. Climbing in BoP is a pain for most people, most of the vets don't need the covers, there's a 4* PVE on, it's a holiday weekend for a lot of people, the new PVP offers much better prizes, there's no season rewards from it, etc.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I suppose you are right. I just wanted the 1000 progression. I usually don't start this early but figured I'd have to hop to get there in this type of event.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm top ten with less than 500 points. BOP is not one for getting quick and easy points for sure.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I suppose you are right. I just wanted the 1000 progression. I usually don't start this early but figured I'd have to hop to get there in this type of event.

It is really terrible, I just want to get to the 900 layer reward but I don't know If am going to be able to reach it. I am first in my bracket with 856 points and all matches are less than 10 points
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Polares wrote:
    westnyy2 wrote:

It is really terrible, I just want to get to the 900 layer reward but I don't know If am going to be able to reach it. I am first in my bracket with 856 points and all matches are less than 10 points

In some ways I wish they'd seed the high end of the bracket with Bots the same way they do the low end of the bracket when there aren't enough other players to target... they could even outfit them with NPC characters like Gorgon if we really need a challenge.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    d0nk3y wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    westnyy2 wrote:

In some ways I wish they'd seed the high end of the bracket with Bots the same way they do the low end of the bracket when there aren't enough other players to target... they could even outfit them with NPC characters like Gorgon if we really need a challenge.

I have always thought that the best would be to be able to target anybody, shielded or not, that would help A LOT when you can't find anybody to play against (of course shielded people would not loose points).