How about some ridiculousness? Howard The Duck!

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Most games (remember, this is supposed to be fun!) have at least 1 "just for fun" thing in them... like zombie mode, etc.. How about an utterly just for kicks character, could even be a 1 star, but something to make you smile once in a while.. I propose... Howard The Duck!

FDVpwan.jpg

Looks like a Duck blueflag.png Howard confuses the enemy by showing them his duckface. Stuns for x turns, max stuns team.
Quacks like a Duck: yellowflag.png Howard tells an offcolor joke, the enemy team laughs/takes offense/embarrassed, distracting them momentarily. Places a 3 turn countdown tile. While the tile is in play, color matches do 10% more damage (scales with covers, 20%, 30%, 50%, adds 1 to timer)
Must be a Duck! greenflag.png Using his superior knowledge of Quack Fu , Howard flies feet first into the enemy dealing damage

max0075.jpg

any thoughts? revisions?

an Edit. Could easily be a 4*!

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would be nice, we do have Deadpool's whales, whales, whales and Starlord's oldest trick in the book. And Bagman is intended to be a joke character, and goes the extra mile in that regard I'd say!

I guess I'll be that guy, an ability to hit someone with your giant sized man-thing would make me icon_lol.gif
  • Devil Dino is also supposed to be on the gag end of 4* if I recall. I don't think Bagman was SUPPOSED to be this bad, i think he was intended to be good for PVE, he's just not icon_razz.gif I know I tried making him work since i enjoy spider man but everything he does someone does better and cheaper.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love the names.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the 2nd anniversary week will happen eventually. Maybe we'll get a little Quack Fu during Anniversary #2?
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Must be a Duck! greenflag.png Using his superior knowledge of Quack Fu , Howard flies feet first into the enemy dealing damage

Fixed that for you.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    dragma wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Fixed that for you.
    Perfect!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ha!! Awesome idea -- and actually, excellent character design, Malcrof! Those 3 moves prettymuch capture Howard perfectly (and the countdown increasing tile damage is an interesting game mechanic we haven't seen yet)

I'd love to see Howard in-game at some point (AND Man-Thing -- if not as separate characters, perhaps they could be a double-character like Rocket & Groot. Howard did first appear in Man-Thing's series, after all)
    portrait_uncanny.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ha!! Awesome idea -- and actually, excellent character design, Malcrof! Those 3 moves prettymuch capture Howard perfectly (and the countdown increasing tile damage is an interesting game mechanic we haven't seen yet)

I'd love to see Howard in-game at some point (AND Man-Thing -- if not as separate characters, perhaps they could be a double-character like Rocket & Groot. Howard did first appear in Man-Thing's series, after all)
    portrait_uncanny.jpg

Thank you! BTW That cover you posted is wallpaper material icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I saw him mentioned in the speculation thread! Really hope this is happening!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    bumping for IceIX!
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Options
    As much s I'd like to see Howàrd in, I'd really like to see my Devil Dino go above 1/1/1.