Nerf the boosts in PvP only, PLEASE

2»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:
    Also, Simon, why the downvote above? Just having some discussion. Nothing was meant personally even though we disagree on the loss of boosts and impact on the game. Thought it was ok to express differing opinions on a topic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26881#p327481
    Sorry, it was for balance and I'm in a really **** mood. I shouldn't have done it.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    orbitalint wrote:
    Also, Simon, why the downvote above? Just having some discussion. Nothing was meant personally even though we disagree on the loss of boosts and impact on the game. Thought it was ok to express differing opinions on a topic.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26881#p327481
    Sorry, it was for balance and I'm in a really tinykitty mood. I shouldn't have done it.
    Haha, ok. Fair. I was on tilt when Kingpin was the prize in this latest PVE after Kamala release. 12 hours of saltiness until they at least expanded alliance rewards to 100.

Just give me a heads up next time when I should just steer clear, will ya? icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    orbitalint wrote:
    Haha, ok. Fair. I was on tilt when Kingpin was the prize in this latest PVE after Kamala release. 12 hours of saltiness until they at least expanded alliance rewards to 100.

Just give me a heads up next time when I should just steer clear, will ya? icon_e_smile.gif
    Except for the expansion to 100 for alliance awards, everything the devs have done this week is like the girlfriend who doesn't want to break up with you, but instead she'll act like a total b until you're the one who has to do the breaking up.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Arondite wrote:
    Why do you need boosts for DPDQ? If you're in a position to be clearing the whole thing, you should have a well-developed 2 Star roster. A 2 Star Roster with the actual shining characters can easily clear every node in DPDQ.

Read all of the O.P., please. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Why do you need boosts for DPDQ? If you're in a position to be clearing the whole thing, you should have a well-developed 2 Star roster. A 2 Star Roster with the actual shining characters can easily clear every node in DPDQ.

I read it too to bottom. You don't need boosts for dpdq4. You don't need boosts or 3 stars for any part of dpdq.
  • Arondite wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I read it too to bottom. You don't need boosts for dpdq4. You don't need boosts or 3 stars for any part of dpdq.
    I initially asked for people not to post about how they can win every time in DDQ because in that case this post concerns them and their opinions very little, outside the part about PvE or possibly team advice if you simply could help yourself. I suppose there will always be someone who misses the point no matter how many times they are shown.

Your post could have been helpful and insightful, meaningful or detailed but at the least it should have been relevant. You are usually on top of things and thoughtful in your posts as your reputation would suggest. icon_e_sad.gif

Regardless, wave four was a major wall for most of us transitioning (especially on ninja day). It was a serious battle that took 10-20 minutes to complete and relied on perfect timing, thoughtful matching, carful ability, hope that the computer didn't pull a random cascade and yes.... somedays it took boosts to win and others it helped to pad the chances. Sometimes it took 5-7 attempts!!! I Could be proud of a real achievement with a proper reward. Now, im 1 for 4 when I've qualified to take a run at it and though it could be roster related have had to simply call it quits on ninja day. Not because I've become a worse player or sold off the roster that allowed me victory. It's simply because of the broad brush approach taken to a problem requiring a finer stroke.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    BBTBob wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I initially asked for people not to post about how they can win every time in DDQ because in that case this post concerns them and their opinions very little, outside the part about PvE or possibly team advice if you simply could help yourself. I suppose there will always be someone who misses the point no matter how many times they are shown.

Your post could have been helpful and insightful, meaningful or detailed but at the least it should have been relevant. You are usually on top of things and thoughtful in your posts as your reputation would suggest. icon_e_sad.gif

Regardless, wave four was a major wall for most of us transitioning (especially on ninja day). It was a serious battle that took 10-20 minutes to complete and relied on perfect timing, thoughtful matching, carful ability, hope that the computer didn't pull a random cascade and yes.... somedays it took boosts to win and others it helped to pad the chances. Sometimes it took 5-7 attempts!!! I Could be proud of a real achievement with a proper reward. Now, im 1 for 4 when I've qualified to take a run at it and though it could be roster related have had to simply call it quits on ninja day. Not because I've become a worse player or sold off the roster that allowed me victory. It's simply because of the broad brush approach taken to a problem requiring a finer stroke.

I'd be happy to help, if you find yourself in need of advice on ways you can still clear the node(s) without +6 AP. Who are you using for The Big Enchilada each week?
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    wirius wrote:
    BBTBob wrote:
    wirius wrote:
    Pve is also competitive, and I don't think they want battles to be decided by boosts. If you can't beat those nodes, then your scaling will drop until the point that you can. Everyone is in the same boat, so people across the board will now have to decide whether certain nodes are worth trying anymore. If everyone always wins, the only competition is who grinds the most. A little risk, a little randomness and tactics goes a long way to making the game more engaging then what a bot could do.
    That's what we do here to win is grind. It's not like that changes because we have one less AP to start with. Also, we are no more/less balanced now either and there was always risk, randomness and tactics associated with this game so I'm not sure what you are saying. No disrespect meant friend.

PvP is where this change belongs because it's not fair for players to always be handicapped so bad when defending against other players. Isn't it bad enough that the computer plays your best team with the skill and ability of a particularly stupid, pre packaged grape jelly you get from Waffle House?

No disrespect taken. =) Just an opinion. I suppose I'm biased because I hardly use boosts. It always feels like cheating, and I personally don't like them at all. Doesn't mean I'm right.

I also save all my boosts for pvp. I honestly don't have that hard of a time beating most PVE nodes, not counting the ones that Phantron mentioned that become much more luck based than normal. Unlike PVP, you can play with characters that are low hp or have only one valued ability, so you get a larger pot of them to choose from. I have won with some random combos that worked out well.

We all get bad luck with cascades sometimes, it happens. In the worst case scenario if I have a streak of bad games, I just buy health packs if it matters that much to me. At the moment I don't see much use for HP anyways. 3*s come more quickly thanks to dailys, and after dropping HP to finish 4* Thor only to have her nerfed makes me realize spending it on 4*s is also a waste (unless you plan to max them close to release, and thats a lot of HP).
  • wirius wrote:
    Pve is also competitive

Fine, but allow +3 boosts in the Gauntlet, a non competitive event, for those of us who face dozens of level 395 scaled enemies.