Boosts - is the limit now +2?

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This should probably be in the bugs forum, but no-one ever reads those.

I'm on Steam, trying Family Reunion VII, and for the first time in a while decided to use a boost or 3. But Boost More disappears when I've used it to assign +2 of a particular type.

I've closed and restarted the game, tried other nodes, and the same behaviour happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Moon Roach wrote:

I'm on Steam, trying Family Reunion VII, and for the first time in a while decided to use a boost or 3. But Boost More disappears when I've used it to assign +2 of a particular type.

I've closed and restarted the game, tried other nodes, and the same behaviour happens.

They just announced that this is now the new standard, though, I didn't think it'd be live already? There's a post with all the upcoming changes out there I saw earlier and this was one of them.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

They just announced that this is now the new standard, though, I didn't think it'd be live already? There's a post with all the upcoming changes out there I saw earlier and this was one of them.

Ah the changes for Season 13, "This change will take effect with a patch late in the day Eastern time on 4/2." Thanks. Now to have a proper read of that thread, see what's happening and whether I should be happy or sad or both.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    WHY DID THIS HAPPEN JUST NOW, AS I'M GOING INTO DEADPOOL QUEST????? Jesus.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    TLCstormz wrote:
    WHY DID THIS HAPPEN JUST NOW, AS I'M GOING INTO DEADPOOL QUEST????? Jesus.

Lol, one, that reference is probably not the best to use this particular week and two, don't boost for DPQ!! Not worth it, it's all about that ISO, 'bout that ISO, 'bout that ISO, no HP. Sorry, Megan Trainor reference.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Clearly, you are not a 2* player...........................
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Clearly, you are not a 2* player...........................

I use nothing but 2*'s on DDQ (other than required 1* and 3*) and have never used boosts. I believe I've wiped all of 1 time since it started.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    This is an AWFUL change and this just shows that the devs are just clueless and just change things for **** and giggles, not because it makes sense. Who was this hurting? Now it's even harder to get to the AP amounts you need before you can use your power. For some reason, when I use OBW, purple is really scarce on the board. Now it's harder to get, and all the while I have to hope that the AI doesn't have enough of their AP to use a one hit kill on me. Totally unneeded change.
  • Wheeeeeeelp there went any incentive I may have had to invest actual money in the game for extras like boosts. Not if they're going to turn around and nerf it later in an effort to balance the game instead of buffing.

To be frank it lessons my interest in playing the game at all.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the announcement topic to discuss any positive or negative thoughts that you may have about the changes to the boosts stack.
This discussion has been closed.